If you're looking for a work-from-home job and a flexible schedule, check these companies out:
Watch the video above for more information about each company.
Table of Contents:
- Customer Support & Sales
- Proofreading & Editing
- Online Evaluation
- Transcription, Captioning, & Subtitles
Customer Support & Sales
Knack is a site that helps with online database building without code.
One of the core benefits here includes making your own schedule.
They're also a fully remote company with work-from-home jobs.
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years (currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company–we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook or PC.
- Long-term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Knack jobs page
- Employee reviews
- Check out their Technical and Customer Support Specialist jobs that pay as much as $270/day
Barn2 Plugins makes quality WordPress and WooCommerce plugins.
This is another company that lets you make your own hours while also working from home.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Choose your own hours: Work at a time that suits you, as long as you're performing well and have some overlap with UK working hours
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences
- Minimum 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.
- Work from anywhere: You can work from anywhere in the world, so long as you have a fast internet connection and good communication
- Flexible benefits package: Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday, paid training, annual bonus and computer equipment
NexRep is a virtual, on-demand contact center.
Here, you can work as an independent contractor doing customer support, inbound or outbound sales.
Because you're an independent contractor working from home, you get the freedom to make your own schedule.
You don't really get benefits when you're an independent contractor, but there are still perks for working here:
- Training & certification program provided
- No experience required
- No degree required
- Set your own schedule
- Work from home
- Make $15-$25+/hour
Customer Experts is a platform to allow recruiters and companies to reach out directly to you with job offers for technical support, customer success, and customer support jobs.
Here, you create profile and let the companies come to you with job offers related to Customer Support, Customer Success, or Technical Support work.
- Make up to $35/hour online
- No applications
- Set your own hours (part-time, full-time, contract)
- There's no set requirement for experience
- You don't pay anything
- Your location can be just about anywhere worldwide
- Get notified when you have a job offer
- You choose when to look for work and when you can be contacted
Mimo is an app for learning how to code.
Here, you can find work-from-home jobs with shorter workweeks and flexible hours.
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation days in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, make use of our $720 personal growth budget for books, conferences, courses, or anything else that supports your personal development.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
- 38.5 hours/week, flexible hours, and no all-in contract
- We’ll set you up with the latest technology of your choice
- Mimo jobs page
- Employee reviews
- Learn more about the Admissions Manager position paying $270/day here
WP All Import is a WordPress CSV imports and WordPress XML imports tool.
Here, you can sometimes find work-from-home jobs that let you make your own hours.
For instance, they had a Customer Support position paying $30/hour that let you set your own schedule and not have to make phone calls.
Check out the details below:
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- Regular video-based contact with your colleagues, and you will get to meet them in amazing locations on team trips 1–2 times a year.
- The chance to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world and put smiles on their faces as you ease their learning journeys.
- The opportunity to supercharge your collaboration skills and communication working across departments and geographies to deliver outstanding results.
- Our focus is on creating a dynamic, positive, and supportive work environment where our team members can grow and thrive.
- Opportunity to work independently without supervision and flexible schedules as long as deadlines are hit. Our company culture cultivates a feeling of camaraderie and a sense of belonging and direction.
- A company culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect. Your colleagues will support and help you learn, just like you’ll help them!
- A competitive salary – we pay competitive salaries based on your location and local economy.
- A home office allowance and a laptop to optimize your workspace.
- 5 weeks (25 days) of paid vacation per year to do whatever makes you happy, rested and fulfilled.
Proofreading & Editing
Scribbr is an editing and proofreading services company.
Here, you can make $25-$27/hour as an editor/proofreader.
You can work here internationally and get paid twice per month.
They require you to have a bachelor's degree, work at least 10 hour/week and have an editing speed of around 1,700 words/hour.
Cambridge is a proofreading and editing services company that lets you work as an independent contractor.
You also get to make your own schedule here.
- Pay range is $20-$25 per hour.
- You get paid via PayPal or direct deposit twice per month.
- You can work from pretty much anywhere from home worldwide.
- This is a freelance/independent contractor type of position without benefits like insurance, 401(k), etc.
- You also have flexible hours and can make your own schedule.
WeLocalize is a multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages.
Search Quality Rater
A Search Quality Rater is a $16/hour work-from-home job that you can do part-time while making sure search engines are working properly.
You can make your own schedule and there are very few requirements to apply.
Map Quality Rater
The Map Quality Analyst is similar to the Search Quality Rater work-from-home job except it specializes more in online maps.
You can also make your own schedule and there is no experience required.
More info on Map Quality Raters here.
Transcription, Captions & Subtitles
With this gig, you'll be an independent contractor, so you have more freedom to work when you want.
- $5-$20 per audio hour
- No obligations or commitments
- Work when you want and set your own hours
- Get paid via PayPal
- Monthly bonus of $5 for every 3 hours completed
Another website where you can make your own hours and work from home as a Transcriptionist is at 3Play Media.
You may need a 75 WPM typing speed to apply here though.
- Weekly pay ($10-$20/hour)
- Make your own hours/schedule
- No interview
- No phone calls
Transcription is another easy way to make money online without experience.
Transcription is when you listen to an audio or video file and type out what is being said and by whom in a word document.
One great website to check for transcription work is TranscribeMe.
At TranscribeMe, you can get paid $15-$22/audio hour via PayPal.
You can get paid weekly and start as early as 13 years old if you have a parent or legal guardian's permission.
The main thing you'll need with TranscribeMe is a good WPM (word per minute) typing speed.
You can test your typing speed or train yourself to be faster at TypingTest.com.
Another nice thing about TranscribeMe is their clips are usually just 2-4 minutes long.
This means that you can have more time flexibility because you shouldn't have to spend too much time on one file.
Triple A Transcription is yet another transcription site where you can work from home and make your own schedule.
- Make your own hours
- Get paid via PayPal
- Lots of work available
Kickoff is a personal training app that lets trainers make money and manager their clients from their phone.
- Earn up to $7000/month
- Manage everything on your phone
- Save time by letting AI help you manage your clients
- Work where and when you want
- Train up to 70 clients at a time
TaskHuman is another website and app where you can get paid to coach people.
Here, you can coach people to reach all sorts of fitness, professional, and other life goals.
You can earn up to $50/hour and the average is around $26.53/hour.
If you want to make an easy $26/hour or so online via PayPal while setting your own hours, check out Magic Ears.
With Magic Ears, you get paid to teach up to 4 kids at a time how to speak English with lesson plans that are provided for you.
You do this via video chat, so you never have to leave your home!
- Make your own schedule
- Make up to $26/hour
- Great for college students
- ESL certification not required (they provide one for $20)
At GoStudent, you can get paid up to $24/hour to do online tutoring.
Here, you do one-on-one lessons online.
You'll also work as an independent contractor and have lots of flexibility with your hours.
- No degree required
- Make your own hours
- Make around $24/hour
At Blend, you can get paid to do voice artist and translation work.
You can earn as much as $34/hour here.
You can also work here from anywhere worldwide while setting your own hours.