Here's an easy $250/day work-from-anywhere job that lets you make your own schedule and doesn't require phone calls:
It's the Tier 3 WordPress Technical Support Engineer at Barn2 Plugins.
Barn2 Plugins makes quality WordPress and WooCommerce plugins.
Tier 3 WordPress Technical Support Engineer at Barn2 Plugins
What you'll do:
- Providing customer support via Helpscout tickets and live chat (no phone support is required).
- Troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult (highest complexity) support tickets.
- Proactively reviewing support tickets and identifying issues/concerns which may have not been resolved efficiently and stepping in to find a solution more quickly.
- Verifying and identifying the exact source of bugs, and advising the lead developer on implementing a fix.
- Providing temporary fixes (e.g. code snippets) for customers’ sites until a permanent fix is added to the plugin.
- Providing minor customizations, both with styling changes, theme fixes and minor functionality changes (including liaising with the lead developer where an appropriate hook or filter is not available in the plugin).
- Identify when more significant customizations are beyond the scope of reasonable plugin support. Signpost and advise the customer if it is realistic for a third party developer to do the requested changes; or inform them if it is beyond what we would responsibly recommend or not possible.
- Proactively identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities to improve customer support processes.
- Plugin testing.
- Working with Barn2’s Web Developer to ensure the smooth running and maintenance of all Barn2 websites.
- Making content changes to the Barn2 website.
- Running automated tests using Ghost Inspector, investigating any failed tests, updating tests, and working with the lead developer to resolve any issues with the website or plugins.
- Excellent native-sounding written English.
- Experience of working in a customer service role.
- Advanced experience of building and working with WordPress sites.
- Advanced experience with WooCommerce.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to respond quickly to communication and keep others appraised of your progress.
- Proven track record of working independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to work within Barn2’s existing support processes, while also knowing when to suggest improvements.
- A positive and friendly attitude.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Helpscout.
- Experience developing WordPress themes and plugins.
- Experience diagnosing and improving website performance.
- Experience of automated testing.
- Generous salary based on location and experience.
- Choose your own hours: Work at a time that suits you, as long as you're performing well and have some overlap with UK working hours
- Yearly training budget of $1,000 and access to ongoing off-site training/conferences
- Minimum 25 days holiday.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Plenty of scope for personal and professional development.
- Work from anywhere: You can work from anywhere in the world, so long as you have a fast internet connection and good communication
- Flexible benefits package: Generous benefits package including 25 days holiday, paid training, annual bonus and computer equipment
Also, check out: