Here are some companies that offer 3-day weekends/4-day workweeks if you also want to work from home.
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding website.
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
Buffer is a software application for the web and mobile, designed to manage accounts in social networks, by providing the means for a user to schedule posts on social media.
- Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
- 4-Day workweeks: Our schedule is four workdays, with a flexible, meeting-free fifth day for overflow tasks or personal time as you see fit.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office!
- ‘Growth mindset' fund: Extra money for learning and development.
- Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year!
- 401(k): With 3% company match
- Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits!
- Family leave: 16 weeks of family leave for all parents, fully paid.
- Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers.
- Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
- Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
- Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
10up makes finely crafted websites and tools for content creators.
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs – including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
Close is an Inside sales communication platform of the future.
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative
Bolt is a CheckoutOS & one-click checkout company.
- Four-Day Workweek, flexible working hours, & unlimited PTO time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- Remote First location policy to allow team members to live where they choose
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Learning & Development stipend to grow your skills
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- 11 paid company holidays per year, 5 additional floating holidays, & your birthday off
Wildbit is a software company that has work-from-home jobs with lots of benefits.
Here are a few perks that come with working at Wildbit:
- 4-day, 32-hour workweeks
- 20 paid days off per year
- Paid family leave
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Company-paid retreats
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Books and healthy habits allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Work from anywhere
One example of a remote job I've seen here is Customer Success/Support – Postmark (PDT).
Packlane is a customer boxes and packaging company that also offers remote workers the chance to have a 4-day workweek.
Here are some of the benefits of working for Packlane:
- Work from wherever you want
- Flexible hours
- Compeitive salary
- Up to $300 per month reimbursement for your healthcare premium
- 15 days of paid time off per year
A few work-from-home jobs I've seen here include the E-commerce Product Designer and Elixir Software Engineer positions.
8. Magellan Health
Magellan Health is a for-profit, managed healthcare company that also offers work-from-home jobs with 4-day workweeks.
Here you can sometimes find jobs that will say something like “4 day shift” while still being a full-time job.
It's unclear what their benefits are as they don't seem to be found on their website.
As far as positions with 4-day workweeks, I've seen a medical-related job as well as a customer support one with these shifts.
Basecamp is a web application development company that will actually allow you to work 4-day workweeks from home during the summer.
It is unclear, however, whether they will allow employees to start having 4-day workweeks year-round in the future.
Here are some of the benefits that Basecamp employees enjoy:
- Top 10% salaries in the industry
- Work where you want
- 40 hour workweeks
- $100/month fitness allowance
- CSA allowance
- Vacations and paid holidays
- Charitable gifts matching
- One-month sabbatical every 3 years
- $100/month mental wellness allowance
- Life insurance
- $1,000/year continuing education allowance
They also have a lot more benefits as well.
Leave a Reply