If you're looking to work at home in India, this post will constantly be updating with the companies and jobs that you can get.
I realized after reading many comments on my site and YouTube channel, that many of the online job postings you see everywhere are for the U.S. only.
This is a problem. So, because I believe everyone should be able to work from home, no matter what country you're in, I've decided to create a separate online jobs page for each country you can legally work from home in.
Here are some of the companies with work-from-home jobs that you can get in India:
At 10up, they seem to let you work pretty much wherever you want. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Web Strategist (Account Management)
- Web Strategist (Business Development)
- Senior Visual Designer & Production Specialist
- Senior Web Engineer
- Senior Team Lead
- Team Lead
- Associate Director of Business Development
- Senior Front End Engineer
- Senior Project Manager
- Audience & Revenue Strategist
- Web Engineer
- Front End Engineer
- Visual Designer
- UX Designer
- Systems Engineer
- Advertising Operations Strategist (Supply Side)
At Alchemic Dream, they have work-from-home jobs that span across 5 continents, so you should be able to get something as a resident of India. Here are some of the jobs to look for:
- Community Manager
- Customer Support Agent
- Phone Customer Support Team Leader
- Phone Support Agent
- Administration Staff
- Localization Agent
- Sales Representative
- Social Media Manager
- Web/Graphic Designer
At Animalz, you can work pretty much anywhere you want around the world. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Content Marketing Editor
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Analyst
At Auth0, it seems you can work from just about anywhere in the world. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Agile Practitioner
- Backend Engineer
- Cloud Security Engineer
- DevOps Engineer, PSaaS
- Director of Active Defense
- Full Stack Engineer, PSaaS
- iOS Developer Experience Engineer, SDKs
- Offensive Security Engineer
- Open Application
- Platform Engineer
- Product Designer
- Product Manager, IAM
- Product Security Engineer
- Senior Engineer, Protocols
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Enablement
- Senior Software Engineer, Extensibility
- Senior Software Engineer, IAM Continuous Authentication
- Senior Software Engineer, Users Directory
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Software Engineer, IAM Authorization
- Software Engineering Manager
- Sr. Cloud Cost Analyst
- Sr. Design Producer
- UI Engineer
At Automattic, they have people working for them in over 70 countries, so you should be able to work from home almost anywhere. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Software Engineer
- Mobile Engineer
- Mobile Infrastructure Engineer
- Systems Wrangler
- Manager, Strategy and Corporate Development
- Customer Marketing Wrangler (Customer Engagement)
- Product Marketing Manager, WooCommerce
- Happiness Engineer
- Tax Wrangler
- Human (Resources) Wrangler
- Global Payroll Wrangler
At Buffer, they seem to let you work pretty much wherever you want. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Customer Advocate – Work full-time doing customers support-related tasks.
- Engineering Manager – Work full-time leading engineering teams, managing them, etc.
Cambridge Proofreading and Editing
At Cambridge, you can work anywhere in the world. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Proofreader/Editor ($20-$30 per hour USD via PayPal)
At Degreed, there are jobs available around the world where you can work remotely from just about anywhere. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Client Success Manager
- Technical Success Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
- Backend Developer
- Database Developer
- Front End Developer
- VP of Data Science
At Lionbridge, here are some of the work-from-home jobs all around the world. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Personalized Internet Assessor
- Internet Safety Evaluator
At Remote Year, there are jobs available where you can work from home worldwide. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Growth Operations Manager
- Program Consultant (Sales)
At Shopify, they have work-from-home jobs available around the world in 14 different countries, including India. Here are some jobs to look for:
- Customer Success Representative
- Enterprise Sales Representative (Shopify Plus)
- Senior Marketing Lead
Tools to help with these jobs:
Many of these jobs require experience with or constant use of different tools to get the best job done. I've listed some of them below so you can familiarize yourself with them and be more effective at your online position.
- Grammarly is a free editing browser extension that helps with grammar and punctuation. It's great for writing, editing, transcription, and other related jobs.
- Microsoft Office is a suite of products like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel. They help with all sorts of tasks that a business, professional, or student might need to perform.
- Customer support headsets are very helpful and often required for customer support jobs from home. You want one that has a good mic, wired connection, and maybe noise cancelling.
- SoloLearn is a free resource that you can get on your phone or other device for learning code languages. I've found it's one of the best ways to learn CSS, HTML, Python, or just about any other programming language.
- This tutorial helps you set up a blog with WordPress in just 3 steps. If you ever want to go into freelancing, need writing examples for a job, or want to start a business, I recommend you set up a site with that tutorial. It will save you money and get you up and running quickly with a fully optimized, customizable site.
- TypingTest.com helps you figure out what your word per minute typing speed is. Many transcription and writing companies will require a 50 or 60 wpm typing speed, so you need to use a test like this to see where you're at. It's a completely free test to take.
- Google Drive is a suite of products that include Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and much more. It is free to use with your Gmail account and is fairly similar to Microsoft Office. Many employers require that you be familiar with using these resources for day-today operations, so I recommend you try them out.
- SpeedTest is a website that allows you to do a quick test of your internet speed. This will help you determine if you have the minimum speed required for the job you're trying to get.
- Skype is a service that lets you make video chatting easy. This is something I always recommend you get familiar with if you're going for a tutoring job that's home-based. You usually use a Skype or something similar to do the online teaching.
- A USB wired mouse is something you will need for a lot of home office setups. Most companies seem to prefer that you have a USB mouse that directly plugged into your computer as opposed to being wireless. This is probably because wired connections are typically more reliable.
- A USB wired keyboard, like a USB wired mouse, is something many companies require for your home office setup. A keyboard that is directly plugged into a computer tends to be more reliable than a wireless one.
- An HD webcam, is something you may need to do video chat jobs like online tutoring.
Related content you might also enjoy
Work-From-Home Data Entry Job Hiring September 2020 September 14, 2020
Make $5,000 per Month Online Posting Memes September 1, 2020
No Experience Work-From-Home Jobs Paying up to $16/Hour September 1, 2020
25+ Work-From-Home Job Sites That Don't Require a College Degree August 30, 2020
Work-From-Home Job Finder August 19, 2020