If you want to make good money working from home from just about anywhere in the world without being on the phone, here are a few websites and jobs to check out.
Customer Advocate at Buffer
The Customer Advocate position involves doing chat, email, and social media-based customer support for Buffer.
Buffer is a software application for the web and mobile, designed to manage accounts in social networks, by providing the means for a user to schedule posts on social media.
What you'll do
- Delighting customers creatively over email, live-chat, and social media.
- Driving success for our customers with the Buffer platform and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins and outs of the Buffer platform.
- Working part of the weekend (one day).
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
- Prior customer support experience is required
- Documented technical or advanced customer support experience. This experience would involve helping customers with issues that require research and reproducing issues, an advanced and in-depth knowledge of the product supported, or resolving issues that are explicitly technical in nature.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and fast-moving environments.
- Ability to remain empathetic, even in difficult situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions. Gets satisfaction from helping others.
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and how Buffer connects to third parties.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way with a high degree of motivation to set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Well-practiced technical skills and experience working with more complex support (products that integrate with other products).
- Comfortable working with customers over email, both public and private social media communications, and phone or chat environments.
- Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $55K – $87K USD.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like! We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
- Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
- Time to recharge: At least 3 weeks/year of minimum vacation, with no upper limit and currently we're working a 4-day workweek.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
- Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
- Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
- Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or coffee shop work.
- Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
- Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Customer Champion at Zapier
As a Customer Champion at Zapier, you will also do chat and email-based customer support.
Zapier is a a web-based service that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use.
What you'll do
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Maintain productivity standards for a Customer Champion
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- You’re highly skilled in technical customer support. We’re looking for at least 1-2 years experience in customer support, working with APIs or in the SaaS industry. Even better if you have previous experience troubleshooting APIs.
- You're empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it's only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
- You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
- You're persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It's not the same questions over and over again, and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won't give up when you don't know the answer right away.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
- We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we only consider candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to Zapier customers.
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian, and UK-based employees.
Also, check out: