Scribendi is a proofreading/editing services site where you can work-from-home on the side.
Check out the freelance editing/proofreading gigs:
Check out the details below:
What You'll Do:
At Scribendi, you can work on the side as an editor/proofreader. You also get to pick your assignments and work completely on your own schedule.
- You can earn around $25/hour.
- Flexible schedule
- Pick your assignments
- Work from home
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
- Native-level English ability
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
- Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000–1,500 words per hour
- Microsoft Word 2010 or later on a secure computer
- Broadband/high-speed Internet access
- The ability to accept payments in your own account in US dollars
- Must not reside in the US jurisdictions of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Dakota, Washington DC, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Open Office, LaTeX, Acrobat, Final Draft, Publisher, PageMaker)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA)
As long as you have a somewhat recent version of Microsoft Word and know your way around a computer, you shouldn't need much else.
Also, check out: