Here are the details of the Technical Support Specialist job at Knack:
What you'll do:
- You’ll become an expert in how our product works and provide direct support to our Support team.
- You’ll investigate escalated technical issues and leverage internal resources and tools to resolve those issues. You’ll use CLI tools to trace logs, make network requests, and run internal utilities.
- You’ll reproduce bugs and translate them into bug reports. You’ll also manage an issue backlog in Jira and help prioritize the work for our Engineering team.
- You’ll assist with migrations and work with the Engineering team to identify solutions for reducing app complexity for customers.
- You’ll create internal team resources and tools to help more quickly troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- A technical troubleshooter. You’re experienced in investigating and troubleshooting technical issues for a software or SaaS product. Familiarity with basic HTML, CSS, and APIs is a bonus.
- Tenacious. You. do. not. quit. The gnarlier the problem, the better. You see everything as a resource to help you solve problems, and you’re not afraid to use them.
- Detail-oriented. You'll search network requests and track activity logs all to find that obscure detail that cracks the case. You’ll need to give engineers precise instructions to replicate an issue. You find the needle in the haystack and jump back in for more.
- Eats complexity for breakfast. You’re only comfortable when you’re thrown in the deep end. Knack is a complex product with open-ended user flows. Anything can happen and often does. No problem will be the same, and you’ll see something new every day.
- An excellent written communicator. You can break down complex topics or issues into easy-to-understand steps.
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve things. You enjoy finding ways to make things easier, more efficient, less frustrating for your team (and yourself). You’re also willing to advocate for and to implement those changes.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and the space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging – but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact on the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- You should earn around $20 per hour according to Glassdoor
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years! (Currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company–we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
Internet: You must have wired or wifi connectivity, with download speed minimum of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed minimum of 3.0 Mbps
Mobile device: You will need to install a few programs on a personal phone or tablet for authentication purposes. This device should be running Android iOS 8+ or iOS 12+
Computer: You need to provide your own laptop or desktop with a monitor capable of displaying 1920 x 1080 pixels, and a sound card installed for use with speakers or headphones.
Your device should meet the following requirements:
- Processor: ChromeOS: Intel Pentium, Non-ChromeOS: Intel i3 processor or AMD Ryzen or better
- Memory: ChromeOS: 4GB of RAM or better, Non-ChromeOS: 6 GB of RAM or better
- Operating System: ChromeOS: no minimum, MacOS, Windows 10 or better
- Browser: Google Chrome (latest version), Safari (latest version), or Internet Explorer 11
Also, check out: