If you want to make $30/hour or more working from home from just about anywhere in the world, you might look at some online chat support jobs.
With chat support, you avoid having to be on the phone with customers all the time and you can have a job that can be fairly laid back.
All you usually have to do is help customers by essentially messaging them back and forth.
Here are some great worldwide work-from-home chat jobs to check out that pay $30+ per hour:
Zapier – Customer Champion
If you want to work from home with great benefits, free equipment, competitive pay, and not be on the phone all the time, Zapier is the company to look at.
Zapier is a web-based service that allows end users to integrate the web applications they use.
They're also a very highly-rated company to work for. Check out their Customer Champion and Customer Champion, Core Support job details below:
What You'll Do:
- You'll help customers resolve their issues via email and chat.
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary ($32/hour estimated)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Computer and software setup
- Professional development allowance
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, UK, and Canadian employees.
- 1-2 years related customer support experience working with APIs or in the SaaS industry.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
It would be great if you have pervious experience troubleshooting APIs.
You get to pick your own equipment. They'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
Automattic – Happiness Engineer
Another great place to work if you want worldwide online chat support jobs is Automattic.
Automattic is a web development company that is known for WordPress.com, JetPack, WooCommerce, etc.
Here are the details of their Happiness Engineer job:
What you'll do:
- Give stellar customer support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions.
- Create detailed bug reports.
- Help people that use WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, etc.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- Must be fluent and eloquent in written English.
- Estimated $72,000/year according to Glassdoor.
- Work from home worldwide
- They'll provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Coaching sessions to help you set and achieve professional goals.
- Open vacation policy with no minimum or maximum amount of days off per year, although they encourage you to take at least 25 days annually.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary with the company.
- Paid three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- Wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary with the company.
- Expense a monthly subscription to a mindfulness app, such as Calm, Headspace, Ten Percent Happier, Waking Up.
- Virtual ergonomic consultations and access to a wealth of virtual ergonomic tips, stretch videos and yoga exercises.
Benefits at Automattic can also vary by location, so here is a link to their benefits by location page.
Buffer – Customer Advocate
When it comes to working from home, you can't go wrong with a company called Buffer.
Buffer is a software application for the web and mobile, designed to manage accounts in social networks, by providing the means for a user to schedule posts on social media.
They have a great chat support job available from time-to-time called a Customer Advocate position.
Here are the details:
Check out the details below:
What You'll Do:
- Delighting customers creatively over email, live-chat, and social media.
- Driving success for customers with the Buffer platform and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins and outs of the Buffer platform.
- $55,000-$87,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
- Live and work wherever you like.
- Health Insurance.
- Extra money for learning and development.
- At least 3 weeks/year of minimum vacation, with no upper limit and currently we're working a 4-day workweek.
- 401(k) with 3% company match.
- When the company does well, all team members share the profits. 8-15% of profits are distributed annually to the team.
- 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
- Company get-togethers twice per year.
- Get some extra cash for a co-working space or coffee shop work.
- Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
- Take a 6-week Sabbatical, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
- See this page for more on benefits
- Prior customer support experience is required (preferably working with a SaaS product and with both a paid and a free-access customer base).
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Ability to remain empathetic, even in difficult situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions. Gets satisfaction from helping others.
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and how Buffer connects to third parties.
- Well-practiced technical skills and experience working with more complex support (products that integrate with other products).
- Comfortable working with customers over email, both public and private social media communications, and phone or chat environments.
Also, check out: