Want to work from home without having to be on the phone with customers all the time?
Data entry can be one of the best fields to get started in if you've never worked from home before and you don't have a college degree.
Here are 25 legit data entry work-from-home job sites:
Table of Contents:
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Wider Circle
- Mutual of Omaha
- Robert Half
- One Call
- Nova 401(k) Associates
- Fantastic Caverns
At Symbria you can sometimes get hired as a data entry worker to input information about prescriptions. Jobs to look for:
- Pharmacy Technician Specialist
- Prescription Entry Clerk
Westat is a market research company that also hires people to do data entry work.
You can make around $9-$15 per hour with them.
Xerox is another company that hires for data entry work as well as many other work-from-home positions.
Look for the “Transaction Processor” jobs. These pay $12 for data entry work.
When it comes to data entry, Zeitcaster mostly hires for part-time gigs where you also do things like categorize events.
The data you input mostly has to do with time and locations.
They pay around $15 per hour.
5. Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon Mechanical Turk allows you to do lots of odd jobs like data entry to help Amazon run smoothly.
You’re basically a freelance worker for Amazon that completes tasks for them online and gets paid.
At Clickworker, you get paid for all kinds of micro tasks like research, tagging, categorization, data entry, surveys, etc.
They pay you via PayPal or SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) if you are outside the U.S.
To figure out what kind of work you’ll be qualified to do, you’ll take certain assessments.
As far as money, you get paid a week after each task is completed.
Similar to Clickworker, OneSpace allows you to work from home doing data entry, writing, research, and other micro tasks.
They pay you via PayPal within 1 to 7 days of completing a task.
Formerly CrowdFlower, Figure-Eight is a website that lets you become a contributor that can do micro tasks and daily checklists to earn money online.
They also pay you weekly via PayPal.
If you don’t mind doing data entry-related tasks that have to do with petitions, voting registration, etc., SigTrack might be a good choice for some online work.
They require you to be a U.S. resident, have dual monitors, 20 MB internet speed (test this for free at SpeedTest.net), and a newer version of Windows or Mac OS.
You also get paid weekly via PayPal.
This is another micro task site with all kinds of data entry, categorization, tagging, research, rating, and other jobs available.
As far as pay, you get compensated via PayPal when you reach $10 in your account as well as when your tasks are complete and approved.
Believe it or not, you can actually find a data entry job from home at Amazon every now and then.
Look for something like a Senior Associate, Data Entry or Alexa Data Services position.
And these will pay at least $15 per hour if they're in the U.S. because of the company policy to pay no less than that for any job in the country.
12. Wider Circle
Wider Circle is a startup that engages with people to learn how to maintain and improve their health and outlook on life.
Here, you can sometimes find jobs like a Data Entry Specialist.
All you need is a high school diploma, one year of experience, and a solid WPM typing speed.
Here's more info on their Data Entry Specialist position:
What you'll do:
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and required HIPAA requirements
- High school diploma
- 1 year of experience with large amounts of data entry.
- Experience with insurance health plan data preferred.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as Google Suite.
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed. (Test your WPM typing speed and accuracy at TypingTest.com)
- Around $10-$17 per hour
- Competitive benefits
- Paid time off
13. 1-800 Flowers
Another place where you can sometimes find data entry jobs is at 1-800 Flowers, a flower sales website.
They also have jobs for other companies on there that may be a partner of 1-800 Flowers.
For instance, I last saw a data entry position for a popcorn-related company on there.
Another site you might check is Infotree, a staffing and payroll solutions company.
Usually, their data entry jobs will be called something like “Technical Data Entry” or “Data Coordinator”.
They typically want you to have familiarity with Microsoft Office Word and Excel, so keep that in mind.
When looking for data entry jobs you can do remotely, you might also check ISN.
ISN is a prime contractor for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide Mortgage Compliance Manager (MCM) services.
I've seen Data Entry Clerk jobs here before as well.
You can see me cover sites like ISN, Infotree, and Wider Circle in the video below:
If you want a pretty easy data entry job that lets you work from home, look for Admin 1 – Data Entry openings at Maximus, an American outsourcing company that provides business process services to government health and human services agencies.
With a data entry job at Maximus, you can earn around $14 per hour, work full-time hours, and get lots of benefits like:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 50% company match up to the first 6% contributed
- Account based medical coverage, either and HRA or HSA
- Prescription drug coverage, which includes free generic drugs for chronic conditions
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Nationwide childcare discounts
- Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Project bonuses for employee accomplishments above and beyond expectations
- Project manager awards for employees who demonstrate an unparalleled commitment to our clients
What's also nice about data entry jobs at Maximus is they only require a high school diploma and 0-2 years of experience.
You can learn more about this job here.
17. Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha is an insurance and financial service company that sometimes has remote data entry jobs available.
You'll want to look for a job like the Underwriting Support Assistant, which pays around $16 per hour.
It usually doesn't require much experience and has benefits like:
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
Learn more about their data entry jobs here.
Conduent is a business process services company that offers digital platforms for businesses and governments.
They tend to have some data entry-related jobs from time-to-time as well.
For instance, they've had jobs like the Remote Data Entry Professional, Transaction Processing Associate, and others.
These jobs typically pay around $100/day.
Check out the Data Entry Professional details here.
You can learn more about data entry jobs at Conduent by watching this video:
19. Robert Half
Robert Half is a staffing agency that specializes in accounting and finance work.
Here, you can make $15-$20 per hour for entry level and $25-$35 per hour or more for higher level data entry jobs.
You can learn more about Robert Half data entry jobs from home by watching this video:
Yet another website where you can find work-from-home data entry jobs is at a data entry services company called Axion.
At Axion, you can earn around $10-$15/hour as a data entry specialist that mostly works part-time as an independent contractor.
Here, you'll need 2-3 years of experience and a 50 WPM typing speed or better.
You'll also need to reside in the U.S.
You can learn more about Axion data entry jobs here.
*This post was originally written in May 2019, and was most recently updated/republished in June 2021.
At Modsy, a company that combines advanced 3D graphics, computer vision, and creative curation to provide its customers with home design guidance and plans, you can occasionally find a data entry job like a Seasonal Order Management Representative.
With this job you can earn around $15/hour doing data entry along with a little customer support.
You usually don't need more than a year or two of experience to apply either.
Here are some more details:
22. One Call
One Call is a healthcare network management company and the nation’s leading provider of specialized solutions to the workers’ compensation industry.
Here, you can find data entry-related jobs like a Billing Associate.
This job pays around $17-$18 per hour and doesn't require much experience or a college degree.
You'll do things like:
- Process billing transactions
- Enter/upload information into the billing system
- Prepare invoices
- Prepare/process credit forms
Here are more details:
Forward is a primary care company focused on your long-term health, with top-rated doctors supported by technology.
Here, you can get work-from-home data entry-related jobs called Medical Scribe positions.
As a Medical Scribe, you basically update the database with information from patients' visits with physicians.
It's kind of like a form of data entry work in the medical field.
What's also nice about working for Forward as a Medical Scribe is you don't have to have a medical degree or experience to apply.
You can also earn around $17/hour working part-time with this position.
24. Nova 401(k) Associates
Nova 401(k) Associates is a company that specializes in customized retirement plan design and compliance services.
Here, you can sometimes find Data Entry Clerk positions that let you work from home.
You can earn around $100/day and apply without prior data entry experience.
25. Fantastic Caverns
Fantastic Caverns is a ride-through cave attraction in Missouri.
They've had Data Entry Clerk jobs here.
Here are the details:
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders, or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Assisting/directing all customer complaints
Requirements and skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of the the the touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
Facility Data Quality Analyst at Optum
Optum is a pharmacy benefit manager and care services group.
What you'll do:
- Performs routine or structured work
- Responds to routine or standard requests
- Uses existing procedures and facts to solve routine problems or conduct routine analyses
- Validate facility data from source of truth documentation or business processing systems to ensure that information loaded is accurate
- Analyze facility data against applicable job aids, policies and procedures to identify potential issues or inaccuracies
- Review history of previous data load on a facility record to serve as reference on the current information
- Maintains reporting infrastructure, as appropriate (e.g., SharePoint, Access databases)
- Develops and deliver fact – based audit determinations in an objective manner
- Escalates issues identified during the audit cycle or calibration process to applicable stakeholders, as appropriate (e.g., Subject Matter Experts, Operations Team, Business Partners, Team Leads)
- Ensures compliance with applicable audit and calibration timelines (e.g., calibration timelines, closed loop, workflows, turnaround time)
- Achieves production quality goals / metrics
- Provides supporting documentation for audit findings
- Manages audit inventory to ensure proper workload balance, coverage and closure
- Identify / communicates escalated errors / defects and ensure proper resolution.
- Works independently based off of prior instruction, guidance or direction
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience in a facility contract and/or clinician data management transaction organization
- 1+ year of experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), Microsoft PowerPoint (creating presentations/slideshows)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday during the hours of 6am-6pm
- 1+ year of experience with theories, practices and procedures related to facility contract data loading
- Working knowledge of 1 or more lines of business: Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial
- Working knowledge of 1 or more platforms like OBH Facets, CSP Facets, NDB or Cosmos across the lines of business noted
- Working knowledge of Medica (MN) facility contract data loading
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality process / methodology (six sigma philosophy)
Also, check out:
6 replies to "26 Legit Data Entry Work-From-Home Job Sites"