Underdog Fantasy and Fanatics are hiring for some great work from home jobs!
Customer Support Associate (Part-time) at Underdog Fantasy
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament — and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it's unique:
- Approach user inquiries with a cool, open-minded approach and make sure that their concerns are being fully heard
- Gather information from users in order to efficiently reach solutions by cross-collaborating with teams from several different departments
- Create a lasting impression on every user through transparent, open, and honest communication
- Assist with account & payment reviews in order to ensure users are appropriately using Underdog as it was intended to be used
- Show up everyday with a positive attitude and excited to help the team collectively reach its goals
- Deliver exceptional customer support via email, addressing inquiries related to account management and financial transactions
- Expertly resolve Pick'em and Draft-related inquiries with precision and efficiency
- Offer comprehensive technical assistance to both Web and Mobile app users
- Assist in facilitating a smooth and seamless onboarding experience for users, ensuring their successful adoption of the app
Who you are:
- Flexible weekday & weekend availability, for a productive 25 hour work week
- An optimistic and proactive individual, dedicated to finding solutions
- A versatile team player, adept at navigating diverse situations with ease
- A clear and concise communicator, with an emphasis on writing skills
- A receptive individual who embraces new perspectives and approaches
- An insatiably curious learner, driven to acquire new knowledge daily
- A customer service expert, delivering exceptional support by showcasing deep product expertise
- Proficient multitasker, committed to delivering high-quality work across various tasks
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Zendesk (or other ticketing processor systems)
- Fantasy Sports and/or Sports Betting knowledge
- 1-2 years of customer support or related experience
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is $20 an hour, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Customer Support Associate at Fanatics
Customer Support Associates act as a liaison between Fanatics Collectibles, Inc. and our consumers as a single point of contact to all customer inquiries regarding products, policies and services available. This role reports directly to the Customer Service Manager. This is a remote role working EST hours.
Customer Service is at the backbone of what Fanatics believes in: dedication and passion to match the fans that drive our business. As such, these roles have a history of advancement within Fanatics up to the Director level in Customer Experience, Project Management, Brand Management, and more. Above all else, we are looking for proactive, enterprising people that want to work directly with customers and are looking to start a long, successful career within Fanatics.
- Liaise between Fanatics Collectibles and consumers by supporting all inquiries and issues.
- Model exemplary service through telephone, email, and direct mail channels.
- Delight consumers: apply good judgement on a case-by-case basis, expedite resolutions, and follow up to ensure satisfaction.
- Build and maintain relationships with repeat consumers.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Fanatics Collectibles’ product portfolio and release calendar.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Positive, consumer-minded individual with a passion to serve.
- General knowledge of trading cards and collectibles industry.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in MS Word & Excel.
- Willingness to work through phone and e-mail interactions with customers.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
$20 – $25 an hour
The salary range for this position is $20- $25/hour, which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.