Here are some $17-$24/hour work-from-home jobs with no high school diploma or experience needed!
Senior Fraud Specialist at Discover
Discover is a credit card brand issued primarily in the U.S.
There are many different customer support jobs at Discover and many of them have no mention of an education requirement.
There is one that mentions high school as merely a bonus though.
It's the Fraud Specialist position.
What you'll do
- Resolves complex cardmember inquiries regarding a fraud or security related concern. Some examples include: verifying flagged transactions, caller authentication, reporting an account as fraud, etc.
- Takes incoming calls and referrals from other departments, and may make outbound calls at times.
- Performs research on customer fraud claims to validate claims, including applicable questioning to determine correct fraud type, which has downstream implications to Chex/EWS reporting and decisions on remaining balance.
- Performs in depth account review and probes for facts.
- Searches and identifies best solution for customer.
- Partners with customer to determine whether to status fraud or non-fraud.
- Utilizes excellence customer service skills on all inbound calls received.
How you'll do it
- Answers inbound customer calls reporting fraud which can include identity theft, blocked debit cards & Zelle, frozen accounts, check holds, document review and updates. Completes necessary fraud verification, including caller authentication, transaction verification, etc. utilizing excellent customer service skills. In specifically assigned roles also responsible for handling Spanish calls and translation calls for investigations
- Collects necessary information and completes a fraud report when the customer confirms unauthorized account activity. Determines fraud type based on conversation with account holder and in certain instances fraud claim liability.
- Ensures proper follow-up or escalation of account based on call outcome.
- Makes outbound calls to verify account activity with the customer.
- Documents all investigative activities.
- On specific teams, provides overflow support for pre-booking department application review calls.
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, as needed, to get the job done
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in fraud, customer service, or related
- A quiet workspace (no background noises that can hinder customer interactions)
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
- 401(k) OR Pension Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Discover Employee Card
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Incentive Plan
- Life and AD&D Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off (PTO) or Annual Leave Perks
- Work Recognition Program
- Vision Care
Also, check out: