What if I told you, you CANNOT fail? You would most likely have a problem with that. Most people would tell me that they fail all the time, so how could I say such a thing?
Tony Robbins once said, “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.” It's time to stop beating yourself up and start realizing that everything you do is a success or a learning experience.
The Lesson From This Quote By Tony Robbins:
Failure is not possible. Failure means that you ultimately cannot do something and be successful at it.
This is completely false. Will you have setbacks? Yes. Will you succeed at something on your first try? No, unless you are naturally gifted at it. But, that doesn't mean you've failed.
That just means you haven't succeeded YET. The keyword here is YET. Just because it takes you a little longer to succeed at something than you thought, doesn't mean you've failed.
It's all just a learning experience you must go through to reach the end result. Tony Robbins is telling us that “success” and “failure” are just two words we've given to two different types of feedback.
If we get positive feedback, we call it success. If we get negative feedback, we call it failure. The truth is, we never really have either one because these two words are destination words and we never really stop at a destination.
In other words, you can't look at it like you are working towards a destination. You are always on a journey and are just trying to reach goals along that journey.
If you have a bump in the road, you aren't a failure, you are merely human like the rest of us.
If you have positive feedback, that means something you are doing works and you should build on that. If you get negative feedback, that means something you're doing isn't working and can be crossed off your list of strategies to work with.
Remember Thomas Edison – Inventor of the lightbulb?
He looked at feedback exactly how I just described it… Every strategy he experimented with was just an option on his multiple choice checklist. If one way didn't work, he crossed it off and didn't need to worry about testing it again.
Therefore, every time he got negative feedback, he got closer to the positive just because that is how process of elimination works.
Of course, Edison's list of options was quite big considering he got negative feedback the first 10,000 or so times he tried to create a working light bulb. But, it didn't stop him.
He kept with it, knowing every time he didn't make the lightbulb work, he was one step closer to making it work. All he did was take in feedback and make adjustments accordingly.
Actions Steps To Apply For Your Success:
- Don't look at a strategy's results as success or failure, but just an option that you have on your checklist. If it works, circle it and build on it. If it doesn't cross it off and move to the next one.
- Don't reinvent the wheel. Isaac Newton took a while to invent the lightbulb because it had never been done. What you're doing has most likely been done before. Study people who have done it.
- When trying to find a strategy that works, look at it like a multiple choice problem, like the ones you saw in school. You know at least one choice is correct, you just have to find it.
- If one choice doesn't work, eliminate it. Now, you have fewer choices and a higher likelihood of getting it right. Usually the first choice isn't the answer, but that doesn't mean you failed. It means you're closer to getting it right.
Books I Recommend:
- Learn how the wealthiest people on Earth think and act by reading Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- Learn more about how your mind works and how you can use it to accomplish more by reading The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy.
When Tony Robbins said, “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.”, he wanted you to know that all results, positive or negative, are not the end of the road, but just part of the process.
We are always trying to accomplish different things and be “successful”, but we are never actually reach a final destination in this journey.
It is impossible to create a strategy or product that is perfect. Therefore, we are always improving without end.
LeBron James never stops practicing even if he's one of the best basketball players in the world already.
Jeff Bezos doesn't stop trying to improve Amazon even though it is already one of the biggest marketplaces on Earth.
Everything we try is either going to give us positive or negative feedback. Either way, you adjust accordingly. Don't look at either one as an end result or something that will define you.
If you take this “just another day at the office” approach to whatever you are trying to accomplish, you will eventually reach more and more of your goals without the emotional peaks and valleys.
What does Tony Robbins' quote mean to YOU?
FREE VIDEO COURSE:
"How To Make $10,000 Per Month Online"
We'll go over exactly how you can copy our simple, online business model that has made $10,000+ per month for countless people.