Sometimes websites like Yahoo Answers and Quora just aren't enough for the more complex questions people have.
Here are some of the best websites for earning money answering people's questions:
Note: This post was originally published on 4/29/2017 and was most recently updated on 12/5/2019.
JustAnswer is one of the most highly-trafficked websites for paying people to answer questions. You get paid 50% of what customers are willing to pay for your answer as your commission.
You may be able to make between $20-$50 per question you successfully answer. Also, if you want to be paid via PayPal, that is an option.
KGB allows you to make money answering questions via text message. If you are in the US, Canada, or the Philippines, you can answer questions on this site. Expect $0.03 – $0.10 per answer.
FixYa is more technical and the questions people ask are related more towards fixing electronics and other things. You earn points that you can redeem for rewards.
Wonder allows you to get paid for answering questions from their research dashboard. You don't get paid unless the customer is satisfied with the answer though.
With Wonder, you get paid every 2 weeks or so at up to $25 per hour. PayPal is also an option for getting paid.
5. Live Person
The great thing about Live Person is you get paid via PayPal. You also get to set your own rate and work your own hours.
You also will need a minimum of $50 earned to cash out. To apply, make sure and check their careers page at the link above for chat jobs.
Studypool, formerly known as Createpool, lets you make money by sharing your expertise much like the other sites on this list. They will take 20% of your earnings as their commission and leave you the other 80% to keep.
Also, keep in mind that most questions at Studypool are academic-related.
And, if you want to get paid via PayPal, that is an option.
What makes Weegy different from other sites on this list is they have a directory with answers to many questions on their already. You get paid when you answer questions that aren't in that directory. Expect about $0.20 per answer.
Once you've made at least $20, your funds can auto-transfer to your PayPal account.
Experts123 helps you earn money by either answering questions or writing articles ($10-$20 per article). People are hired worldwide and they have both revenue sharing as well as upfront pay opportunities.
You can be paid via PayPal once you have a minimum of $20 earned.
9. Help Owl
With Help Owl, you get paid in redeemable points when you answer people's questions. They have worldwide opportunities.
When you use Ether, you answer questions via phone (or other way of making calls). You get to set your own pay but Ether still gets a 15% commission out of it.
With Maven you are more of a consultant where you can select your hourly rate and help people as an expert. They hire people all around the world.
Directly is geared more towards customer support and helping people with questions relating to specific companies. It's sort of a cross between company chat support and a site like Quora. You're kind of a freelance customer support rep and you can cash out with as little as $2 in earnings.
Here, you keep 50% of what the customer pays for providing the answer. You get paid within 2-4 days, and PayPal is an option.
13. Chegg Study
Chegg is geared more towards helping students who have questions related to courses or specific textbooks.
If you feel like you're qualified to give advice specifically about small businesses and how to run them, check out SmallbizAdvice.
PrestoExperts is a platform known for having 24/7 support for people who have a wide range of questions.They cover tech, business, health, counseling, and much more.
Keen is a little different from the other sites on this list because it is more geared towards psychics, horoscopes, and things of that nature.
With 1Q, you can give text message answers to people who have questions about business. You get paid $0.50 per answer and PayPal is an option for cashing out.
At 1Q, you get paid to to start discussions or answer questions. It's kind of like a forum. The more valuable your content is and the higher it is rated, the more money you can earn.
The minimum you'll need to cash out every month is $5 and you may do so via PayPal.