Who doesn't love watching YouTube videos?
Although this fun pass-time isn't usually considered productive, there are actually ways to make money from it.
Here are the best ways to make money watching YouTube videos:
1. Watch on browsers that pay you
Instead of watching YouTube videos in the YouTube app or on a popular browser like Google Chrome, you can watch them on other browsers that actually reward you for using them.
For example, you can watch videos in the FullDive browser and get paid via Amazon gift cards, Bitcoin, Etherium, etc.
With FullDive, you perks like these:
- Chat and comment on any web page
- Chat, tag, and get notified on trending top news, right on the web browser URL
- Add your social feeds: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, & Youtube and top news & breaking news feed like CNN, FOX, & CNBC.
- Fulldive Browser is connected to Fulldive VR, a social all in one VR platform, where you can browse millions of virtual reality videos, games & apps.
- It is also a social platform where you can follow what your friends watch, react, and comment, and share your favorite reacted VR videos
- Enter a promo code that you have got from a friend and earn 2500 points. Referers also get 2500.
- Enhanced with ad blocker, Fulldive Adblock and popup blocker blocks unwanted ads and trackers during browsing.
- Adblocker blocks annoying pop-ups, banner ads, video ads and enables fast browsing.
- Fast, safe & secure privacy browser with incognito private browser mode.
10,000 points earned on FullDive is equal to $1.
Here are the links to download FullDive:
With Brave, another browser trying to gain some steam, you can also earn money watching YouTube videos, browsing, or doing just about anything else you normally would on any other browser.
Here are some of the features that come with Brave:
- A more private browser than Chrome
- Pays you via Brave Rewards, where you earn 70% of what advertisers pay for ads you see. Earn Basic Attention Token crypto just for browsing
- Supports Chrome extensions
- Browsing activity stays on device
- Personal data is protected
- Browse up to 8x faster
- Block battery-draining software
- Privacy-invading ads that follow you around are blocked
- Support your favorite sites and creators with your earnings
Either one of the browsers has lots of perks, great reviews from users, and allow you to make some extra money while your browse, watch YouTube videos, etc.
Here are the links to download Brave:
Another way you can make money online watching YouTube videos is by using a website called Rapidworkers.
With Rapidworkers, you can literally get paid certain amount of money to watch, like, comment on, or interact in other ways with YouTube videos.
You can also get paid to do things like follow people on Twitter, create an account on a site, etc.
Usually, you won't make much. You'll earn anywhere from $0.02 to maybe $2 for a quick gig that might take a minute or two to complete.
But, it is a legit option for getting paid to do simple things like watch YouTube videos or engage with a post on social media.
3. Traffic exchange sites
The third way you can make money from watching YouTube videos is going to involve you having some sort of online income stream.
So, if you have a blog, affiliate site, YouTube channel, podcast, etc., you can use this method to make money watching YouTube videos via traffic exchange sites or what some might call like-for-like sites.
If you have a way to make money online that you can drive traffic to, all you need to do is sign up for a site like Empire.kred and start watching videos other users post.
When you watch these videos or engage with other content, you earn credits.
You can then use these credits to run “missions” which allow you to pay people credits to engage with YOUR content.
This usually involves sending them to a social media post, video, website link, etc.
So, you can watch people's YouTube videos on Empire.kred, earn credits, and then pay people those credits to go to your page where you can collect subscribers, earn money from ads, earn commissions from affiliate links, etc.
You can also do this same method with a site called Viral Content Bee.
It's essentially the same process with a different site layout.
This method can actually pay you the most, depending on what kind of online business you have and how much you work it.
4. Contra freelance jobs
At Contra, you can find all sorts of freelance jobs to do at home.
Some of them involve watching and repurposing videos for content marketing purposes to help build a brand.
Here's an example of a job where you would watch long-form content, take bits and pieces and repurpose it for other brands:
Content Creator for Groove
1-4 weeks • 10 hrs/wk • Starts immediately • $25 – $50/hr
We are on the hunt for someone obsessed with making great short form content for tiktok and insta reels.
You probably have your own channel and a natural talent and experience in seeing an interesting story to tell and turning simple footage into great content.
Importantly transform existing content… podcast clips, user interviews and longer form content and turn it into fun short form standalone stuff.
We are a small team and want someone with their own style and can take ideas through to shipping content pretty independently.
5. TikTok Repurposing
Another great way to make money off of watching YouTube videos is by repurposing them for TikTok.
There are all sorts of brands out there that make money off of repurposing other creators' content.
As long as you add your own personal touch and there aren't copyright issues, you can do it.
You can use something like the 4K Video Downloader to get the videos and a video editing software to edit them.
TikTok monetization programs require creators to have a minimum of 1,000 – 100,000 followers and 1,000 – 100,000 video views within the last 30 days.
TikTok pays creators between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views.
6. Facebook Repurposing
With Facebook, you can use the same strategy as I mentioned above for TikTok.
Some people don't realize Facebook has video monetization like YouTube and TikTok do.
To make sure there aren't any copyright issues, download the video you want to use a clip from, upload it privately to YouTube, and see if it triggers anything.
If not, you should be okay to turn it into your own video and post it on a site like Facebook.
7. Faceless YouTube Channel
I've seen some channels like Motivation Madness take podcast, interview and other video clips and turn them into videos that get 100k views or more!
You can do the same thing as long as you use the method I mentioned above to make sure you aren't triggering copyright issues.
The new monetization requirements on YouTube are:
- Subscribers: You need at least 500 subscribers
- Uploads: You need at least 3 public uploads in the last 90 days
- Watch time: You need at least 3,000 watch hours in the last year
- Shorts views: You need at least 3 million public Shorts views in the last 90 days
8. Transcribe Videos
With transcription sites like TranscribeMe, you can get paid to transcribe videos or audio files into text form.
The key to doing this for just YouTube videos is finding transcription sites that let you choose your projects.
This way, you can focus on just YouTube videos that interest you.
At TranscribeMe, you can apply from anywhere without experience, get paid via PayPal, and work whenever you want.
The pay can vary anywhere from around $15-$30/hour, depending on your skill.
9. Caption Videos
Captioning videos is very similar to transcribing except you have to make the text popup on-screen as the words as being spoken in the video.
Rev.com is a great place to find work like this.
Here, you can earn around $25/hour or more according to people on Glassdoor.
Also, you get paid via PayPal on a weekly basis, can apply worldwide, and pick your own projects.