If you want a job that has a combination of high pay, benefits, and great employee ratings, you're gonna love this.
Check out the Content Writer job at Help Scout:
Check out the details below:
What You'll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our target audience and what they like to read.
- Write inspiring, relevant, thought-provoking content with a human and helpful tone.
- Highlight and amplify the voices of small business leaders who show a deep commitment to their craft and purpose — covering a diverse range of industries and backgrounds.
- Collaborate with the Editorial Lead to define the founder hub’s voice, tone, and writing principles.
- Conduct interviews and research to develop in-depth, accurate content.
- Contribute to the promotional strategy for founder-focused content.
- Ensure the founder hub’s brand voice and identity stay consistent across pieces.
- Based on what Help Scout employees have said on Glassdoor, this job should pay around $48k-$53k/year.
- Health and dental insurance is 100% covered for you and your family.
- They cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- 3-4 weeks of vacation per year in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off.
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- Up to $1,800 per year as a personal development stipend to improve your craft.
- A Mac laptop or equivalent of your choice, and a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. They also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- They also offer complete transparency about they company. Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
- See this page for more on benefits
- Above all, you’re a storyteller. You have a knack for identifying compelling stories and can expertly craft narratives that others will find interesting.
- You love staying on top of trends and have a good understanding of startup ecosystem, whether it be investors, capital, or organizational development.
- You have a proven track record of creating polished and interesting content that gets published, shared, and talked about.
- You like rolling up your sleeves and diving into the research and discovery phase before the article gets written.
- You have experience writing across many different types of content — from shorter snippets to long-form articles, from creative pieces to concise write-ups.
- You’ve worked or dabbled in journalism and you’re a stickler for well-structured stories and impeccable grammar.
They don't seem to have specific qualifications that they prefer but don't require.
They seem to provide you with most of what you need for your home office. Other than that, they don't mention details about internet speed or other technical requirements.
Also, check out: