Check out this remote, non-phone, work-from-anywhere Tax Accountant job at Automattic paying around $6800/month.
Automattic is a web development company that is known for WordPress.com, JetPack, WooCommerce, etc.
Here are the job details:
What you'll do:
- Preparing monthly sales tax accruals.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax filings.
- Reconciling sales tax accounts.
- Maintaining the tax engine and ensuring accurate calculations.
- Ensuring the business can scale by automation of processes
- You have at least one year of experience working on sales and property taxes.
- You have experience with other areas of U.S. tax compliance.
- You love digging into the details and figuring out all the tax things.
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills in English.
- Professional Development · I will never stop learning” is part of our company creed. From leadership development to improving your writing skills, we have a comprehensive list of programs and resources available to everyone, and we’re also happy to pay for any hardware, software, books, or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Career Coaching · Coaching sessions to help you set and achieve professional goals are available for all Automatticians – team members and team leads. This benefit resets each calendar year.
- Time off · Our open vacation policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to help you to be at your best! There is no minimum or maximum, but we encourage you to take at least 25 days of time off per year.
- Home Office · We offer home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- Life Insurance · Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Parental leave · Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
- Anniversary Awards
- Special WordPress branding for your laptop on your four-year anniversary.
- Paid three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years. Check out several Automatticians’ sabbatical experiences: Kathryn Presner, Steve Blythe, Steph Yiu, Ryan Markel, and Matt Miklic.
- A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Wellness · We offer mental wellness benefits via Spring Health, a monthly subscription to a mindfulness app (including Calm, Headspace, Ten Percent Happier, Waking up, and Insight timer), and virtual ergonomic consultations and access to a wealth of virtual ergonomic tips, stretch videos and yoga exercises.
- Automattic Stock
Check out Buying and selling Automattic Stock!
Also, check out: