Netflix is looking for a few new remote workers to rate stuff and manage comments online.
Community Manager, Spry Fox (Part of Netflix)
Remote, United States – Remote, Canada – Remote, Brazil
Our motto is, “make the world a better place”; and we try to do this through the games we make. Invention is part of our DNA at Spry Fox. Whether it’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships and discourage toxicity, or by designing unique puzzle games that promote English language learning; we’re always asking ourselves “how does this game improve your life?”
Spry Fox strives to be a studio that is a pleasure to work for, an important but not dominating part of your life, and recognizes crunch is a negative, counter-productive industry practice — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
For 10+ years, we’ve been fully remote with Foxes scattered all over the world. To make that work well, we all try to be online and communicative from 10am to 2pm PST to ensure that we have enough overlapping work hours with our team; otherwise, our schedules are flexible and fully under our individual control!
Now that we’re a part of Netflix, we can do what we love with more support and without having to worry about how to monetize! We’ve always been focused on making thoughtful, original games… now more than ever.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Spry Fox is looking for a Community Manager! In this role, you will lead our efforts to grow new and existing Spry Fox game communities around the world.
You will be intimately familiar with our games and engage directly with our communities to deeply understand sentiment and feedback. You’ll represent the community within our Spry Fox game teams. You’ll work independently and with our Netflix partners to build genuinely joyful relationships with players around the world. You’ll create and protect safe spaces for our players.
- Play our games! Know them inside and out.
- Build, foster, and grow safe communities across multiple channels (Discord, Reddit, X, TikTok, etc.) by interacting directly with players.
- Coordinate the efforts of our volunteer moderators and lead the conversation with our players, keeping things as respectful and transparent as possible.
- Create player joy and conversation by consistently posting social content including text, images, videos, and more.
- Advise where Spry Fox invests our limited community and social resources.
- Identify meaningful community feedback trends and tactfully represent them with our development teams.
- Develop, execute, measure, and refine social campaigns around game launches, content updates, and more.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with content creators, influencers, fan sites, and more.
- Partner with other Spry Fox teams who may have a presence in our communities (e.g. QA).
- Partner with Netflix communications and marketing teams to identify and deliver on opportunities virtually and in-person.
- 4+ years experience creating and growing thriving game communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intimate familiarity with online community and social platforms (e.g. Discord, X, etc.). Stays up to date and even ahead of trends.
- Ability to create excellent external facing content.
- Experience creating and protecting safe and welcoming community spaces.
- Passion for cozy games.
Nice To Haves
- Relationships with key community members, influencers, and more.
- Experience working with external marketing and communication partners.
- Experience live streaming.
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio of communities you’ve played a key role in, social channels you’ve run that demonstrate how you create and build community
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $50,000-$250,000
Games Ratings Strategist at Netflix
Remote, United States
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause, and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. Members can now download and play video games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix-curated and produced games. With so many different games to choose, across such a range of tastes and cultural standards, our members need the information and context to be able to tell at glance that what they’re playing is appropriate for them.
We are seeking an experienced age-rating content analyst who is passionate about games to join Netflix’s Product Metadata and Ratings Team. In this role, you will work closely with a senior Games Ratings Strategist to analyze, test, classify, and rate our games. You will ensure that all sensitivities for games content are reflected accurately for our members and will help educate stakeholders on any content risks to our game releases. This role will require a deep understanding of cultural game content sensitivities all over the world; a breadth of knowledge about video games and games culture, familiarity with game development lifecycles and interdependencies; and a passion for improving the Netflix member experience. You will serve as the context expert who deep dives into our games, turning the artistic qualities of games into the data that powers choosing and personalization for more than 200 million people around the world.
- Review game content (scripts, design documents, video footage, test games) to identify contextual evidence and sensitive elements
- Objectively research and analyze games content to ensure internal and external consistency of sensitive content tagging & target age rating assignments
- Quality check age rating disclosures prior to completing final age rating assignments and quality check age ratings in our member experience
- Coordinate and collaborate with peers and stakeholders to facilitate age ratings workflows and communicate risks
- Write preliminary summaries of game age rating content for context sharing
- Partner with editors to create and package ratings submissions. Collaborate to creatively solve audio/video editing challenges to meet deadlines.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to support internal process improvement, education, and innovation projects
- Advise on the appropriateness of trailers, imagery, and other supplemental materials
- 3+ years collective experience in one or more relevant fields, such as Content Classification, Content Moderation, Standards & Practices, Policy/Legal Operations, Trust & Safety
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, global ratings boards’ policies, standards and requirements (e.g., ESRB, PEGI, ACB, CERO, GRAC)
- Have completed one or more AAA age rating submissions to global ratings boards
- Excellent communicator with great judgment and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- Passion for games across all platforms with a keen understanding of relevant industry and game trends
It’s a plus if you have
- Experienced in Audio/Video editing programs
- Experienced in JIRA; Confluence; Airtable and other data management systems
- Experience in QA testing (any platform)
- Project Mgmt and/or Agile/Scrum Certifications
- Experience in developing any form of educational learning courses
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $80,000-$350,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.