In this video, you will learn about the 8 best online jobs for college students in 2017.
These full time and side jobs pay well and have very flexible hours, so you can still focus on your education.
Enjoy the video and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Here are some of the best job ideas for college students:
1. Online Tutor
Considering you’re already having to learn a lot of information while in school, you might as well make money on the side helping people who don’t understand certain subjects.
- Tutor.com is one the top websites for online tutoring where you can get paid.
- Wyzant is a direct competitor to Tutor.com. They also help you get paid to tutor people on different subjects.
2. Search Engine Evaluator
Search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing have so much going on in the background to stay functional that they need people to help them correct problems or errors that come up.
- You can use Leapforce to find jobs related to helping search engines.
- Lionbridge is another site that can help you become a search engine evaluator.
3. Freelance Writer or Editor
If you are good at writing or locating grammar problems in articles, you may do one of those in the form of freelancing. Companies won’t be able to replace good writers with robots anytime soon, unlike just about every other job.
- Problogger has a job board dedicated to blogging and copywriting positions only.
- This list shows you countless brands that will pay you $50 or more per article you write for them.
4. Social Media Manager
I’m willing to bet you have at least one or two social media accounts and are at least familiar with how the others work. It might be fun to be a social media manager for a few clients.
- Use the Alexa top sites list to go through and pick out which top social media platforms you should learn first.
- Here are 17 social media tools that will help you save time and manage social media profiles for your clients more efficiently.
5. PowerPoint Presentation Designer
Believe it or not, PowerPoint is still around and being used in a lot of areas. You could do designs for people using PowerPoint presentations for YouTube videos, business meetings, speeches, etc.
- Visme is a great website that helps you design infographics, PowerPoints, and other presentations using templates with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Google Slides is like a free version of Microsoft PowerPoint that you can get access to by having a Gmail account.
6. Product, Software, and App Testing
Thousands of new products seem to come out everyday. What you may not realize is that the products typically get tested extensively before being made available to the public. That’s where you come in.
- UserTesting is one of the top platforms I recommend for getting paid to test products, apps, and more.
- UserZoom is another platform that pays you to test different products.
7. Data Entry Worker
Data entry is still very much in demand because every business needs to be organized and keep track of what is going on. This is also one of the easier jobs on this list.
- If you want to do data entry work online with flexible hours, Clickworker should be the site you try first.
- DioData Solutions is another site that helps you make money from data entry.
8. Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon Mechanical Turk allows you to do lots of odd jobs to help Amazon run smoothly. You’re basically a freelance worker for Amazon that completes tasks for them online and gets paid.
- You can learn more and get started with Amazon Mechanical Turk here.
As a captioner, you get paid to watch videos and make times captions that sync perfectly with the audio of the video.
- Rev is one great website for finding caption work. They pay $0.40 – $0.75 per audio minute via PayPal.
- Another site that pays you to do captions is Vitac.
If you have a pretty good Word Per Minute (WPM) typing speed and good grammar, you might try doing transcriptions. All you have to do is turn audio files into text.
- TranscribeMe is one of the top transcription sites out there. They pay you via PayPal starting at $20 per audio hour.
- Another solid option for doing transcription work online is Scribie.
11. Online English Teacher
If you want to make some pretty easy money on the side and English is your first language, you might try teaching English through video chat.
- VIPKID is one of the better options for making money ($14 – $22/hour) teaching English online.
- Tutor ABC (iTutorGroup) is another option if you want to try something besides VIPKID.
- Use Glassdoor to find employer information, average salaries for positions, and much more.
- Indeed is a great site for finding potential jobs.
- Monster.com is another top site for finding available jobs.
- For offering freelance services or going the entrepreneurship route, you can learn how to start a site in 3 steps here.