In this video, I will review the MONEY Master the Game book by Tony Robbins.
I will break down what’s covered in the book, who it’s for, who it’s not, and whether I recommend you read it.
Enjoy the video and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- Author: Tony Robbins
- Publishing date: November 18, 2014
1. How the investing system works and who it actually benefits most.
Tony covers how stocks go up and down as well as how financial institutions make the most money from the system.
2. How to find what money means to you
This part of the book helps you realize why you want to invest, so you are motivated to follow through.
3. What different investment vehicles (401Ks, Mutual funds, etc.) were built for.
There are a lot of different types of investments and the book covers all your main options.
4. What fees come with most investment vehicles
Tony talks about how important fees and taxes are to your investment strategy and what comes with each approach.
5. How to calculate what you need for retirement and how to get their faster
This book goes very much in depth about investing long term. That being said, you also learn how to calculate what you need to retire at the age you want.
6. Strategies for investing long term and what vehicles can get you there.
There many different types of investment strategies and different investors that are interviewed in the book will give you their advice.
7. How to minimize risk and maximize returns
In this section, asymmetrical risk/reward is covered. This is when you invest so that the potential reward is huge and the risk is very small.
8. How to divide up assets by percentages
The book will teach you how to divide up assets by percentages to fit your risk tolerance and goals.
9. Portfolio examples from top billionaire investors
This section gives you examples of what top billionaires would do if they had to pass on a portfolio to their family members.
10. Advice from interviews with 12 tops investors
Top billionaires and hedge fund managers give their take on where the economy is going, what the best strategies are, and what they would tell new investors to do.
11. How to actually have fulfillment in life when money doesn’t fill the void
The last section of the book is dedicated to finding fulfillment and happiness after you are making good money. There are examples of people being rich and not being happy and how to avoid that.
Who this book is good for:
- People who are beginners and want to invest successfully
- Experienced investors
- All adults of any age
Who this book isn’t good for:
- People who want an entertaining, story-style book
- Those who don’t want to take the time to read a long book
- People who want to get rich quick without effort
Other helpful resources:
Other books written by Tony Robbins
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial
- Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
- Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Charge of Your Life