Table of Contents:
- Interaction Design Foundation
- Gamer Sensei
- Insurance Agent at Trailstone Insurance Group
- Scribe Media
1. Interaction Design Foundation
Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally.
Here, pretty much any job you get lets you work from anywhere you want and set your own schedule, as long as you get your work done.
Here is what they say in their benefits section:
“Work from home, a co-working space or anywhere else—and create your own work schedule. You enjoy complete freedom as long as you continuously deliver great results.”
Hotel Planner is a hotel reservations and discounts service.
What you'll do:
- Earn commissions anytime its convenient for you and from the comfort of your home.
- When you sign in (any time, 24×7), you will be offered calls of customers looking to make hotel reservations. You don't need a phone, the call will be delivered through the Chrome browser via your internet connection and headset.
- If you accept a call which results in a hotel booking, you earn a commission based on the booking profit after the guest checks out. You are paid twice per month, via check, or direct deposit. As an independent contractor no benefits are provided.
- The better booking your results and service ratings the more calls you get.
- Based on your overall performance, you can expect to make from $10-$30 USD per hour. Actual amounts vary depending on your sales performance and call demand when you sign in.
What you'll need:
- You need a High speed Internet Preferably w/ ethernet, Chrome browser and an audio headset/microphone (an apple headphones/mic's may work too).
- When your application is approved, you attend a training program on how to navigate the reservation system and how to help callers book hotels.
3. Gamer Sensei
If you've ever wanted to be a video game coach and work when you want, here's your chance.
You can do exactly that at Gamer Sensei.
What you'll do:
You will coach people online to get better at one of the video games listed below:
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- DOTA 2
- Heroes of the Storm
- League of Legends
- Magic: The Gathering
- Rocket League
- Starcraft II
- Super Smash Bros
- Teamfight Tactics
- World of Tanks
There are 3 different kinds of game coaching you can do:
- One-on-One coaching – Build a relationship with and help coach people one-on-one to improve their skills over time.
- Team coaching – Coach a squad to work better together and improve individually.
- Assessments – A one-time, 30-minute session where you analyze someone's gameplay and give them goals/tips to help them improve in the future.
- Must be at least 13 years old
- Must be good at one of the supported video games mentioned above.
- Set your own prices
- According to Glassdoor, some coaches earn around $60k/year.
- Discounts on Corsair family gear and services
- Easy scheduling, payments, and dedicated support team
At Welocalize, you can make your own hours and get paid as much as $35/hour (estimated by Glassdoor) to be a Search Quality Rater.
What you'll do:
“In this position, you will use your unique gifts of understanding people's intentions to improve the online search engine experience.
Our main goal for this project is to develop and augment AI data.
To put it more plainly, you will provide subjective and objective ratings based on project rules and conventions.”
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding of popular culture in the United States
- Must be dedicated only to “Search Quality rating program” and NOT other search or ads rating programs
- Must not have current or previous experience with “Ads quality rating”
- Must be the only one in your household working as a “Search Quality Rater”
- Web-savvy and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent online research skills
- Reliable computer system and internet connection
- Reliable anti-virus software (as you will be surfing the web as part of the work)
- Ability to follow instructions in English and comply with the project conventions and rules expected by the client
- Must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect client confidentiality
- Must pass learning modules and a required quality test designed by our client before starting work
5. Insurance Agent at Trailstone Insurance Group
Trailstone Insurance Group is a personal and commercial insurance company.
Pay for this job is estimated at $74k-$84k/year.
What you'll do:
- Make passive income – You will get paid on the clients you sold months and years before when your clients renew their policies. Every year you sell, you grow your income from the prior year while working less.
- Help clients protect their families for the best rate – As an independent agency, we represent more than 40 insurance companies. You’ll run quotes from many carriers in order to ensure that your client finds the right coverage for the right price.
- Work from great leads – Trailstone Insurance Group is a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Provider. Dave Ramsey and his team connect us with great clients looking for better coverage and a good price.
- Control your own schedule – You will have complete schedule flexibility and the ability to work completely remote, so you can enjoy your family or the great outdoors and sell on your schedule.
- Embrace our philosophy of ”Treating others they way you would want to be treated”
- Be a Dave Ramsey fan. As mentioned above, we are a Ramsey Endorsed Provider and receive hundreds of referrals from Dave each month.
- Be looking for an independent contractor relationship with Trailstone Insurance Group where you will grow to a six figure income. So, no salary but we will help you build an income fast.
- Be looking for a commission schedule more competitive than any other insurance agency.
- Be an early adopter of technology or willing to learn
- Be self-driven and not need to a have a “boss” to be successful.
- Property and casualty insurance licenses – An insurance license can usually be attained within 30 days.
- Working knowledge of computer software – Microsoft Office products, DropBox, Customer Management Software
- Great communication skills – written, verbal and listening
- Be self-motivated – we are looking for a self starter
- Willingness to be coached and follow a proven process
- No prior experience required, although sales experience is welcomed
- Bonus and incentives
- Casual business attire
- Laid back-office environment or option to work remotely
- If you are driven, we can train you and you will succeed and be making six figures within a few years!
6. Tutor at Studypool
With Studypool, you can get paid to do tutoring online for all sorts of different academic subjects.
You can basically send a message to someone who posted a question and get paid for answering it.
Studypool claims you can make up to $7500/month doing this.
Its top earners seem to make almost $100k/year!
You also get paid via PayPal, can apply worldwide, and don't necessarily need teaching experience.
Also, you can work whenever you want!
7. Tutor at Preply
Preply is a language learning app and e-learning platform.
What you'll do:
At Preply, you can get paid usually between $15 and $25/hour (you can set your own rates) to tutor people in all sorts of areas.
There are over 100 subjects you can tutor people with using Preply.
There doesn't seem to be any location requirements for teaching here.
All you really need is a computer, an internet connection, webcam, and mic.
There is also no experience required.
In fact, there is training provided.
You also don't need to interview.
All you have to do is fill out your profile, introduce yourself in a short video, describe your strengths as a tutor, and then wait to get approved.
Why work here?
At Preply, you can:
- Set your own schedule
- Make your own hourly rate
- Teach anytime, anywhere
- Get tips and training provided
- Get paid via PayPal
- Work completely from home
- Help people learn something
On average, they say an English tutor earns $15-$25/hour.
But, you can set your own rates and tutor in more than 100 subjects.
This means you may be able to make quite a bit more money than the average English tutor, depending on the subject and demand for it.
You also get paid by either Paypal, Payoneer, Skrill or Transferwise.
Also, they keep an 18-33% cut of earnings as the supplier of the platform.
8. Subtitling & Captioning Rev
What you'll do:
- Listen to audio and video
- Accurately type what is being said
- Label speakers
- $0.3-$1.10 per audio/video minute
- Watch video
- Accurately type what is being said
- Creatively convey sounds
- Sync typed audio with video
- $0.54-$1.10 per audio/video minute
- You'll pretty much do the same thing as captioning except also translate into a different language
- $1.50-$3 per audio/video minute
- No experience or degree required
- Good listening skills
- Good WPM typing speed and accuracy
- Must be at least 13 years old (need parent or legal guardian's permission if under 18)
- No interview
- Paid via PayPal
- Make your own hours
- Weekly pay
- Choose from hundreds of jobs
Toggl is a time tracking and reporting services company.
One of their core benefits is “Freedom to choose when and how much you work—we only measure results.”
This means pretty much any job you get here lets you work from home in just about any country (with occasional exceptions) while making your own schedule.
As long as you get your work done, they give you lots of freedom.
Here are their full benefits:
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work—we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on tenure)
- Laptop budget up to 2,500€ and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office and an additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
10. Scribe Media
Scribe Media helps authors create, publish and promote books.
Here you can work remotely from anywhere in the 50 US states or in their Austin, TX office.
One of their main benefits is “Flexible schedule (you choose what hours you work)“.
Here are all the benefits you get at Scribe Media:
- 100% Scribe paid health, dental, & vision for Crew Members on day 1
- Option to add spouse and dependents
- Health savings accounts
- 100% Scribe paid basic Short & Long-Term Disability, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance
- On-time direct deposit pay 🙂
- Immediate access to 401k with a 3% company match
- No questions asked emergency loans
- Tuition & educational reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Fully transparent company financials
- Financial planning assistance and guidance. We’ll help you create a plan to get out of debt, review home buying paperwork, invest in your 401k or the stock market, consolidate student loans or lower interest rates. And we’ll teach you how to have salary increase conversations.
- After 12 months, get our full publishing service. You’ll also have free access to the entire Scribe library.
WORK LOCATION, HOLIDAYS, PTO
- 6 weeks of paid time off a year completely off the grid, which includes 20 days of PTO, 7 paid holidays, and the entire week between Christmas Eve & New Years
- Flexible schedule (you choose what hours you work)
- As a remote-first company, most roles have the ability to work remotely from anywhere within the 50 United States.
- All roles, even those that are required to be in Austin, have the ability to work from our office, your home, or wherever you’re comfortable.
BIRTH & BONDING, COMMUNITY & BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
- Any Crew member who gives birth receives 12 weeks of fully paid time off.
- Partners of birthing parents, or those involved in adoptions, foster placements, or birth through a surrogate, receive 4 weeks of paid leave.
- 4 fully paid community service days per year to use while volunteering alongside Crew members at coordinated community events or to individually support causes you care about in your local community.
- Up to 10 days of fully-paid, no questions asked Bereavement leave. You define what “loved one” means to you: be it a parent, a cousin, a best friend, or even a beloved pet.
WHOLE LIFE INTEGRATION
- We believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has no finish line. We hold optional discussions throughout the month led by volunteer Crew members with the goal to provide a safe space for asking questions, openly sharing, and encouraging learning.
- MacBooks are provided to all full time Crew members for Scribe work and personal use.
- As a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) host, we partner with an organization that supports refugee families through a community garden here in Austin. You can sign up with us to get local, in-season produce delivered weekly straight to the office!
- We’re supportive of Crew members working to create the lives they imagine! Freedom to do other work on the side is encouraged, as long as the work doesn’t compete with or negatively impact Scribe’s business.
Also, check out: