If you're looking to do a fairly easy work-from-home job that doesn't require a lot of time on the phone, here are some places where you can find chat agent jobs:
Table of Contents:
- The Chat Shop
- Sticker Mule
- Help Scout
- WordPress VIP
If you're looking for a great company that hires people worldwide for work-from-home jobs, check out Hubstaff.
Hubstaff is a workforce management platform that offers proof of work, time tracking, and payroll management, along with a remote talent finder and project management software.
Many of their jobs also don't involve being on the phone, including their Customer Support position.
Here are more details on the Customer Support job at Hubstaff:
What You'll Do:
“Hubstaff Customer Support Representatives respond to customer requests over email in our ticketing system, live chats, on-screen shares, and video conferencing. CSRs report to our EMEA team leader and work collaboratively with our global team of Support Professionals.”
- 1+ years experience in customer-facing roles
- Stable internet connection with speeds high enough for videoconferencing and screen sharing. Having a backup (e.g., high-speed cellular internet) is a plus.
- You have an organized workplace with a modern enough computer, web-cam, preferably a good microphone/headset, and an environment that allows you to conduct professional presentations with minimal interruption.
- While Hubstaff's working hours are flexible to your requirements, this role will be hired into the typical working hours of UTC+1-UTC+3. A successful candidate will be committed to working synchronously with our busiest customer request times: 09:00 UTC-16:00 UTC
Who You Are:
- shows an empathetic mindset regarding the goals of others, especially those of customers
- loves to help others reach their full potential
- demonstrates outstanding written communication skills
- knows how to communicate the value of a product in direct customer interactions
- desires to continually improve and grow both inside their current role and grow beyond it
- is a tech-savvy person who is genuinely interested in exploring new systems and is passionate about spreading the knowledge about them
- $25-$27/hour estimated (Glassdoor)
- 100% Remote work.
- 25 days of Annual Paid Time Off.
- Annual Equipment/ Technology Stipend.
- Maternity / Paternity Bonus.
- Annual Training Allowance.
- Annual and Remote Retreats.
Check out these easy $270/day work-from-home jobs sending chat messages online:
Look for the Customer & Technical Support Specialist positions at Knack.
Knack is a site that helps with online database building without code.
Technical Support Specialist at Knack
What you'll do:
- You’ll become an expert in how our product works and provide direct support to our Support team.
- You’ll investigate escalated technical issues and leverage internal resources and tools to resolve those issues. You’ll use CLI tools to trace logs, make network requests, and run internal utilities.
- You’ll reproduce bugs and translate them into bug reports. You’ll also manage an issue backlog in Jira and help prioritize the work for our Engineering team.
- You’ll assist with migrations and work with the Engineering team to identify solutions for reducing app complexity for customers.
- You’ll create internal team resources and tools to help more quickly troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Tenacious. You. do. not. quit. The gnarlier the problem, the better. You see everything as a resource to help you solve problems, and you’re not afraid to use them.
- Detail-oriented. You'll search network requests and track activity logs all to find that obscure detail that cracks the case. You’ll need to give engineers precise instructions to replicate an issue. You find the needle in the haystack and jump back in for more.
- Eats complexity for breakfast. You’re only comfortable when you’re thrown in the deep end. Knack is a complex product with open-ended user flows. Anything can happen and often does. No problem will be the same, and you’ll see something new every day.
- An excellent written communicator. You can break down complex topics or issues into easy-to-understand steps.
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve things. You enjoy finding ways to make things easier, more efficient, less frustrating for your team (and yourself). You’re also willing to advocate for and to implement those changes.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and the space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging – but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact on the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- 401(k): we give you the option to automatically deduct funds from your pay to stash them away for your golden years (currently non-matching, but stay tuned!)
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company–we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook or PC.
- Long-term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, conferences, and workshops.
Customer Support Specialist at Knack
What you'll do:
- You’ll guide customers through learning to use Knack and help them to troubleshoot issues through email and our in-app messenger.
- You’ll improve our product by gathering customer feedback and, over time, recognizing patterns and areas where customers are struggling that we need to address.
- You’ll advocate for our customers and work with our product team to help them understand what changes should be prioritized.
- You’ll help improve our knowledge base and other support materials by writing, creating, and updating content, and by making suggestions for new support content.
- You’ll help improve our internal support team resources, including writing canned responses, adding to our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- You’ll be the face of the company. Our customers interact with our Success team more than any other team in our company. When our customers think of Knack, they will think of the experiences they have with you.
- You’re patient, empathetic, and enjoy working with customers. You don’t just want to resolve an issue. You get a kick out of making a customer’s day better and putting them at ease.
- You have at least one year of experience in a customer support role for a web-based, technical product and you provided support through email (chat support would be a bonus). You’ve been in the trenches and understand both the incredible value that customer support provides and the work that it takes to give customers a great experience.
- You enjoy solving new problems every day and won't give up if you don't find the answer right away. Our product is very robust and it's not the kind of product that you will learn everything about in a month, year, or 5 years. So if you like challenges and puzzles, keep reading.
- You’re always on the lookout for ways to make things better for customers and you’re willing to advocate for those changes.
- You have excellent written communication skills. You can break down complex topics into easy-to-follow guidance while being friendly and professional.
- You have experience with writing or creating help content (i.e. articles, videos, etc.) and understand best practices for doing so.
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You are excited about exploring growth and career opportunities within a customer support team.
- You are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You are excited to work in an environment that emphasizes both autonomy and accountability.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.
Same as above.
Customer Champion at Zapier
What You'll Do:
At Smith.ai, you can become a Virtual Receptionist that specializes in chat support.
You'll need 40 WPM or greater typing speed to apply.
This job pays $10 per hour or $11 if you are bilingual.
Plus, you get benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, cash bonuses, paid training, etc.
Just make sure you pick the “chat” version of the job as opposed the one where you take inbound calls.
KellyConnect or Kelly Services is a workforce management company that offers staffing services.
This means they have a lot of work-from-home customer support jobs available all the time.
Some of these are more phone-based, and some are more chat or email support-based.
Look for a job like a Customer Support Advisor and you can earn $14.50-$17 per hour without a degree.
Flow is a company that specializes is chat support.
Here you can sometimes find $12 per hour work-from-home Live Chat Agent jobs.
7. The Chat Shop
The Chat Shop is another company that specializes in chat support.
Here, you can earn $9-$10 per hour as a chat agent.
The only real requirements they have are:
- A dual monitor setup
- 65 WPM typing speed with 97% accuracy
- Customer support experience
- Wired internet connection
More info on The Chat Shop here:
8. Sticker Mule
If you want to make around $21 per hour and not have to be on the phone all the time, check out these Customer Support Agent jobs at Sticker Mule.
Sticker Mule is a custom labels and packaging for food, beverage, medical and essential services support.
Here are the details:
Customer Support Agent at Sticker Mule
What You'll Do:
- Respond to customer inquiries via email in a clear, concise, and comprehensive manner.
- Assist in writing and maintaining FAQs.
- Suggest opportunities to make customers happier for our product team.
- Suggest opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of our customer service operation.
- 1+ years' experience in a Customer Support role
- Exceptional writing skills (be clear and concise)
- Experience working remotely
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Health & dental insurance
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- $500 signing bonus
- Work from home
9. Help Scout
If you want to get a chat support job at a company that has a 4.7 out of 5-star overall rating from its employees (according to Glassdoor), you should check out Help Scout.
Help Scout is a provider of help desk software.
You can get jobs like the Technical or Customer Support Specialist positions and earn between $73k and $83k per year.
Technical Support Specialist at Help Scout
What You'll Do:
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
They don't seem to have specific qualifications that they prefer but don't require.
They seem to provide you with most of what you need for your home office. Other than that, they don't mention details about internet speed or other technical requirements.
Customer Support Specialist at Help Scout
About the Role:
What you'll do:
11. WP Super Friends (Formerly Pagely)
If you want a high-paying, work-from-home chat job with no degree required to apply, check out the Customer Support Engineer position at Pagely.
Pagely is a company that specializes in managed WordPress hosting.
Check out the position details below:
Customer Support Engineer at WP Super Friends
What You'll Do:
- Handle incoming support requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Fully solve impressive problems in a tier-less support structure.
- Communicate across departments to solve client problems and document solutions for teammates.
- Meet deadlines critical to customer success.
- $99k/year estimated (Glassdoor)
- 100% Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Coverage (US Residents)
- 401k w/ 4% match (US Residents)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- 3+ years of support experience (or educational and professional equivalent)
- Must know LAMP/LEMP
- Knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Firm understanding of WWW (domains, DNS, servers, web caching, etc.)
- WordPress/web hosting experience
- WordPress core, themes, and/or plugin experience
- HTML, CSS, and PHP/mySQL debugging experience
- Familiarity with JSON, YML, and/or Linux command line
- Excellent written communication
- Passion for research and continued development
- Creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to deliver exceptional results and communicate results to customers
- Devoted communication to clients and team members
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to hold self and team members accountable
- Growth mindset
- Adhering to the golden rule for clients and team
Pagely also didn't mention any technical requirements for you home office setup.
If you want a $25/hour or so online chat job that doesn't require experience, a degree, and lets you apply worldwide, check out the chat jobs at Smile.io.
Smile.io specializes in easy-to-use loyalty systems for small businesses.
They also give you great benefits like:
- Attractive wellness package that includes prescriptions, dental, massage, and more.
- Monthly credit to spend at any of the 50,000+ stores we power.
- Stock options
- Remote work credit
- Vacation time
- Set your own schedule
- Work remotely
Another place you can find good, work-from-home chat support jobs is at AgencyAnalytics.
AgencyAnalytics is a reporting platform that helps digital agencies automate their client reporting.
Here are the details:
Customer Support Specialist
What you'll do:
- Support customers and provide product education via Intercom live chat
- Assist customers with billing, upgrades, quotes, and similar inquiries
- Engage and collaborate with sales and customer success teams when required
- Use research skills, internal support channels, and teamwork to solve problems
- Escalate issues/bugs to engineers and collaborate to resolve
- Manage customer feedback, insights, and feature requests to contribute to our product's continual development
- Contribute to internal and external documentation
- Other projects depending on your skillset (writing, product management, customer success, etc)
- 2+ years in a similar customer support role, preferably for a SaaS
- Moderate understanding of SEO and/or digital marketing
- Basic understanding of common digital marketing channels (Google Analytics, Google/Facebook Ads, social media, email marketing, etc.)
- Advanced written communication and interpersonal skills
- Native or bilingual English
- Comfortable in a remote work environment
- Access to reliable high-speed internet
- Profit-sharing, distributed quarterly
- Frequent promotions
- 4 weeks vacation
- Paid sick days
- Happy Hour once a month
- Extended health benefits
- Continued education allowance
- Annual fitness allowance
- Home office equipment allowance
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Join a bootstrapped, product-focused, & customer-oriented team
Incsub is behind some of the largest and most trusted WordPress products and services on the web.
CampusPress Support Enthusiast
What you'll do:
- Providing support by email to our Edublogs and CampusPress customers.
- Assisting with and solving all manner of WordPress questions, with style!
- Contributing to testing and QA with updates to WordPress core, plugins, and themes.
- Coordinating with developers over bugs, features and cool new stuff.
- Being an active part of the Incsub team.
- Have a really good familiarity with WordPress, might even be able to code (PHP/MySQL and/or HTML/CSS) a bit, or a lot, even better
- Amazingly great communication skills
- Impressive response times, typing speed (it matters)
- Interpersonal skills, including the powers to swiftly build rapport with both current and potential customers
- Are a great team player, keen on working in an expanding, motivated, distributed support team
- Enjoy collaborating with others and don’t back down from a challenge
- Love people and love yourself!
15. WordPress VIP
WordPress VIP is an enterprise hosting and support to publishers including TechCrunch.
What you'll do:
- Maintaining the quality, accuracy, and thoroughness that is part of our high-touch, concierge, technical support.
- Helping customers and teammates via tickets and real-time discussions using a variety of research, debugging, tools, processes, detailed error reporting, and documentation.
- Solving tough problems with customer sites, themes, and platform tools that often deal with edge cases and WordPress internals at scale.
- Handling fast-moving situations and one-off projects involving complex dependencies, multiple partners, and tight timeframes.
- Observing and relaying chances to make our platform, services, and overall offering more appealing.
- Building and updating internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Excellent communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is crucial.
- Self-motivated work ethic. Self-starters who love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion do well on our teams.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of our teams and customers, often training others once proficient. Flexibility is key.
- Proficiency and eloquence in written English. Additional spoken or written languages can be beneficial.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress and the underlying code. Whether you are currently supporting individuals with their sites or maintaining your own, we’re looking for theme, plugin, block editor, or e-commerce experience. It’s important to be able to read the code when diagnosing and potentially resolving problems and to have experience with WP-CLI, WordPress hooks and filters, imports, etc.
Other useful skills:
- Experience working primarily in a customer-facing role, including support and training.
- Superb troubleshooting skills that help you take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions.
- Understanding of issues around scalability and performance.
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Kibana and New Relic.
- Professional Development · I will never stop learning” is part of our company creed. From leadership development to improving your writing skills, we have a comprehensive list of programs and resources available to everyone, and we’re also happy to pay for any hardware, software, books, or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Career Coaching · Coaching sessions to help you set and achieve professional goals are available for all Automatticians – team members and team leads. This benefit resets each calendar year.
- Time off · Our open vacation policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to help you to be at your best! There is no minimum or maximum, but we encourage you to take at least 25 days of time off per year.
- Home Office · We offer home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- Life Insurance · Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Parental leave · Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
- Anniversary Awards · Special WordPress branding for your laptop on your four-year anniversary. Paid three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Wellness · We offer mental wellness benefits via Spring Health, a monthly subscription to a mindfulness app (including Calm, Headspace, Ten Percent Happier, Waking up, and Insight timer), and virtual ergonomic consultations and access to a wealth of virtual ergonomic tips, stretch videos and yoga exercises.
- Automattic Stock · Check out Buying and selling Automattic Stock!
1 Response to "15 Work-From-Home Chat Agent Jobs and Websites"