If you're looking to do a fairly easy work-from-home job that doesn't require a lot of time on the phone, here are some places where you can find chat agent jobs:
Table of Contents:
- The Chat Shop
- Sticker Mule
- Help Scout
Hubstaff is a workforce management platform that offers proof of work, time tracking, and payroll management, along with a remote talent finder and project management software.
Here, you can find customer support jobs that are mostly chat-based.
You'll help customers via email, their ticketing system, live chats, and occasional on-screen shares or video conferencing.
Plus, you only need 1+ years of customer support experience to apply.
You can get paid an estimated $24-$26 per hour according to Glassdoor.
On top of that, they have benefits like 100% remote work, 25 days of annual paid time off, annual equipment/technology stipend, etc.
Knack is a company that specializes in helping people build online databases without code.
Here, you can get a Customer Support Specialist job and not have to be on the phone hardly at all.
Most of the time, you will be helping customers via email and their in-app messenger.
This job typically pays an estimated $20/hour according to Glassdoor.
This is another job that only requires around 1 year of experience to apply.
They also give you great benefits like flexible hours, unlimited paid vacation, health/vision/dental insurance, a provided top-of-the-line PC or MacBook, etc.
Zapier is a web-based service that lets users integrate lots of apps, kind of like IFTTT.
Here, pretty much all of their customer support jobs are email and chat-based because the company believes more in written communication.
They also provide LOTS of benefits, free equipment for your home office, and more.
You can also work from just about anywhere in the world, because they are a fully-remote company.
Look for the Customer Champion job.
At Smith.ai, you can become a Virtual Receptionist that specializes in chat support.
You'll need 40 WPM or greater typing speed to apply.
This job pays $10 per hour or $11 if you are bilingual.
Plus, you get benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, cash bonuses, paid training, etc.
Just make sure you pick the “chat” version of the job as opposed the one where you take inbound calls.
KellyConnect or Kelly Services is a workforce management company that offers staffing services.
This means they have a lot of work-from-home customer support jobs available all the time.
Some of these are more phone-based, and some are more chat or email support-based.
Look for a job like a Customer Support Advisor and you can earn $14.50-$17 per hour without a degree.
Flow is a company that specializes is chat support.
Here you can sometimes find $12 per hour work-from-home Live Chat Agent jobs.
The Chat Shop is another company that specializes in chat support.
Here, you can earn $9-$10 per hour as a chat agent.
The only real requirements they have are:
- A dual monitor setup
- 65 WPM typing speed with 97% accuracy
- Customer support experience
- Wired internet connection
More info on The Chat Shop here:
8. Sticker Mule
Yet another company that has email and chat support jobs from home is Sticker Mule.
Sticker Mule is a company that specializes in custom labels and packaging for food, beverage, medical and essential services support.
For their Customer Support Agent positions, they mostly just require that you have 1+ years of experience and exceptional writing skills.
You can get paid around $21.40 per hour, sometimes with a $500 signing bonus.
Plus, you can get lots of benefits like health/dental insurance, a 401k plan with 4% company match, etc.
9. Help Scout
If you want to get a chat/email support job at a company that has a 4.7 out of 5-star overall rating from its employees (according to Glassdoor), you should check out Help Scout.
Help Scout is a provider of help desk software.
You can get jobs like the Technical Support Specialist position and earn between $73k and $83k per year.
Plus, you get all of these great benefits:
- Health and dental insurance is 100% covered for you and your family.
- They cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- 3-4 weeks of vacation per year in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off.
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- Up to $1,800 per year as a personal development stipend to improve your craft.
- A Mac laptop or equivalent of your choice, and a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. They also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- They also offer complete transparency about they company. Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
- See this page for more on benefits
Here, you can get work-from-home chat/email support job positions called Happiness Engineers.
They have great benefits and pay very well.
If you want a high-paying, work-from-home chat job with no degree required to apply, check out the Customer Support Engineer position at Pagely.
Pagely is a company that specializes in managed WordPress hosting.
- $99k/year estimated (Glassdoor)
- 100% Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Coverage (US Residents)
- 401k w/ 4% match (US Residents)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
If you want a $25/hour or so online chat job that doesn't require experience, a degree, and lets you apply worldwide, check out the chat jobs at Smile.io.
Smile.io specializes in easy-to-use loyalty systems for small businesses.
They also give you great benefits like:
- Attractive wellness package that includes prescriptions, dental, massage, and more.
- Monthly credit to spend at any of the 50,000+ stores we power.
- Stock options
- Remote work credit
- Vacation time
- Set your own schedule
- Work remotely