At Scribendi, you can make around $25 per hour as a freelance editor and proofreader.
To qualify, you'll need:
- A university degree in a relevant field
- 3 years of experience in editing, writing, document production, language teaching
- Native-level English speaking and writing
- 1,000 – 1,500 words per hour editing speed
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to accept US dollars for payment
At Scribbr, you can make around $22-$27 per hour, or 20-25 Euros per hour.
You can also work from just about anywhere in the world as long as you are productive.
Here are the requirements to work from home as a Scribbr editor:
- Native English speaker
- You have at least a bachelor's degree
- Can work at least 10 hours per week
- Can possibly work more during May and August (their busiest months)
- Have Microsoft Word
This can be a great second or part-time job to do because you get at least 10 hours per week at a good pay rate and can possibly get full-time hours during the busiest times of the year.
Another website that pays you well for proofreading and editing services is Cambridge Proofreading.
Here, you can earn $20-$30 per hour via PayPal.
You can also choose to be paid weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly.
Their requirements are that you:
- Are a native English speaker
- Have at least a bachelor's degree from a respected American, British or other English-speaking university
- Can edit at least 10,000 words per week
You can also set your own schedule with Cambridge and pretty all the other websites on this list since you would technically be a freelancer or independent contractor.