It's the Sr Director, GPS – Americas Tech Support at PayPal.
PayPal is seeking a support & customer service leader who can strike the right balance of partner, innovator, leader and coach. An individual who has demonstrable expertise in technical support and preferably who has led transformations and integrations of large teams. One who understands the nuance of leading, managing, guiding, and influencing.
The leader is responsible for PayPal’s Technical Support offering to businesses that use PayPal’s products and services across our brands in our North and South American markets. As part of the Global Technical Services (GTS) leadership team, this individual will define the next generation of capabilities that will transform this critical customer-facing group, thus enabling PayPal to compete in the ever-evolving business climate.
Success will be defined by delivering excellence, growth, and scale technical through:
• A customer centric approach to support services that ensure strong customer-facing experiences, from first touch to resolution.
• People, process, and platform innovation to provide best in class experiences and scale to promote PayPal’s growth.
• An empowered and engaged team that continue to learn and grow their technical skillset
• A metrics and data-driven approach to power continuous improvement.
• Partnerships with stakeholders across the PayPal sales and product organizations.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in transforming customer support teams at scale in a fast-paced environment; applying strong technical, consultative skills, including business acumen, customer empathy, and the ability to influence and partner. This person thrives in a dynamic, global, fluid, matrix environment and is results focused. History in leading change and transformation with positive outcomes is necessary, thus they are a:
- Customer-Centric Partner: The voice of technical customer care in North America as the leader who services all businesses.
- Trusted Technology Leader: Serve as on-the-ground technical leader for the GTS team and partner with Product Development, Commercial and Operational leadership teams.
- Strategic Thinker and Innovator: Bring outside-in thinking to the organization, highlighting industry trends that should be considered and evaluated. Function as an innovator, disruptor, and executioner in informing and driving all aspects of our GTS technical strategy.
- Data Driven: Develop a data driven mind-set that is focused on leveraging data to understand how to deliver service excellence to our customers.
- Leader, Manager and Coach: A dynamic leader who can instill PayPal’s values into the team and can guide-develop the team to deliver high performance and the desired business results in a manner keeping with our culture.
Qualifications / proven ability to:
- Develop a customer centric organization
- Gain and maintain senior executive trust
- Develop and implement a sustainable strategy
- Navigate ambiguous situations successfully
- Manage a large, geographically spread organization
- Facilitate dialogue across multiple business units, functions, geographies, business partners and Centers of Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree is highly desirable.
Additional Job Description:
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is$131800 to $319000