Make up to $1250/week removing spam comments online!
Community Manager at GlowForge
US – Full-Time – Possibly $65,000/year according to Glassdoor
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As Community Manager at Glowforge, you'll be the representative, cheerleader, helper, leader, and voice of the company in community.glowforge.com. in Glowforge-led communities. Your participation will create wildly happy customers and brand advocates by cultivating the vibrant community that sets Glowforge apart.
- Take the helm as the manager, moderator, and #1 participant in Glowforge community spaces.
- Participate in conversations to make them more helpful, welcoming, and constructive.
- Drive strategy and execution for a variety of events in collaboration with Product and Customer Success — from webinars to customer livestreams and more — to foster community growth, engagement and connection.
- Leverage data analytics to meticulously assess the health and vitality of the community and identify areas for improvement and growth
- Use that data to strengthen and improve the relationship between Glowforge and its users.
You need these qualifications:
- You have 2+ years of experience working as a community manager or in a similar customer-facing role.
- You’re a key member, moderator, or leader of at least one online community and have a history of cultivating active and engaged communities in virtual spaces.
- You’re any party host’s secret advantage against shy guests — your talent for drawing out casual lurkers and turning them into enthusiastic participants in any situation is unmatched.
- You possess a magical touch with written communication, orchestrating words that captivate, educate, and rally the masses. Your keyboard is your instrument, and with every stroke, you weave a symphony of ideas and inspiration that leave your audience hanging on your every word.
- You're a curious explorer who embraces challenges with open arms, eager to uncover innovative solutions. You navigate uncharted territory with persistence and creativity, and thrive in transforming obstacles into opportunities.
It would be nice if:
- You've contributed your expertise to a marketing team at a consumer-focused startup
- You have an analytical background and know the difference between Bayesian and Frequentist approaches (and have opinions about them!)
- You find joy in making things — knitting, 3D printing, furniture building, or just about anything
$15-$20/Hour – Contract
We are looking for an experienced community manager and outreach specialist who can work with us remotely in a freelance or independent contractor capacity.
Please provide writing samples with your resume.
- Monitor and manage player communities for clients (primarily mobile and desktop game development studios and publishers)
- Cultivate and grow audiences
- Strategize and execute promotional activities to engage player communities
- Engage with communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Steam, and/or Discord
- Manage language translation as needed with localization team
- Outreach in various communities (Facebook, Reddit, forums) and promote client announcements and manage giveaways
- Participate in external communities (Reddit, TouchArcade, IGN, GameSpot, etc.)
- Familiarity with online communities, guidelines, and conduct
- Established accounts on Reddit, NeoGaf, ResetEra, and other relevant forums
- Experience managing game social media and/or forum communities
- Familiarity with social media platforms and game communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Steam, Reddit, Discord)
- Ability to write concise and attention-grabbing post copy suitable for a variety of communities
- Ability to develop and execute marketing and community outreach strategies
- Ability to write in a concise, conversational manner
- Availability during standard business hours
- Strong communication skills
- Dedication to meeting project deadlines in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
Contractor – Possibly $20-$30/Hour according to Glassdoor
- Freelance contractor
- Work remotely
- Pick your projects
- Set your own schedule
- Keep your day job
- Work with amazing companies and people