If you've never had a work-from-home job before, you can start with some of these high-paying ones for beginners:
1. Sales Development Rep at HubSpot
HubSpot is a marketing, sales, customer service, and CRM software company.
What you'll do:
- Work closely and collaboratively with account executives (also known as sales reps) to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for an account executive to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with HubSpot
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help small and mid-sized companies realize the potential of digital marketing
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
- Get a mini-MBA! You'll learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A “one-speed” energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and improve processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
This job pays €55,000 to €70,000 annually.
- Unlimited vacation and global week of rest
- Remote work
- 5-year sabbatical
- HubCare healthcare
- Parental benefits
- Leadership development
- Fitness reimbursements and other health/fitness benefits
- Employee stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ongoing learning
- Employee resource groups
2. Sales at Forward (Est. $70k/Year)
Forward specializes in primary care focused on your long-term health, with top-rated doctors supported by technology.
They have many different Sales jobs that have the same description: Sales, Sales Agent, Membership Sales Advisor, etc.
Here is the job description that is pretty much universal for all of these:
What you'll do:
- Help drive the sales and growth that are critical to the success of the company
- Engage with prospective members over the phone or through messages
- Help to tell Forward’s story and sign up new members
- A strong communicator. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Competitive and driven. You are passionate about reaching your goals and will do whatever it takes to achieve them.
- Persuasive. You’re a good listener, you’re prepared for every conversation, and you know when and how to be persistent.
- Personable. You easily establish relationships and develop rapport with a variety of people.
- Flexible. This is a 100% remote position, with the expectation that you will work 30+ hours per week. Weekend and weekly night shifts, along with shifts during business hours, are available.
- Agile. You are excited about improving our processes, and you adapt quickly to feedback and new training modules as we expand our offerings and services.
- Passionate about helping people. Educational or professional experience in healthcare, medicine, and life sciences is a big plus.
Internet: You must have wired or wifi connectivity, with download speed minimum of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed minimum of 3.0 Mbps
Mobile device: You will need to install a few programs on a personal phone or tablet for authentication purposes. This device should be running Android iOS 8+ or iOS 12+
Computer: You need to provide your own laptop or desktop with a monitor capable of displaying 1920 x 1080 pixels, and a sound card installed for use with speakers or headphones. Your device should meet the following requirements:
ChromeOS: Intel Pentium
Non-ChromeOS: Apple M1, Intel i3, AMD Ryzen, or better
ChromeOS: 4GB of RAM or better
Non-ChromeOS: 6 GB of RAM or better
ChromeOS: no minimum
Windows 10 or better
Google Chrome (latest version), Safari (latest version), or Internet Explorer 11
3. Content Specialist at Empire Flippers
Empire Flippers is a website brokerage company that deals with buying and selling sites.
What you'll do:
- Writing listing descriptions for new businesses going live on our marketplace
- Outreach to off-site publications and websites with a goal of creating 1 in-depth industry-related blog post per month.
- Optimize content with best SEO industry practices.
- Publishing story and data-driven blog content twice a month.
- Monitor mentions and backlinks across the web for potential content opportunities.
- Manage and improve the ongoing editorial calendar.
- Interviewing sellers for the RMRB podcast
- An affinity for writing
- A can-do attitude
- A self-starter
- An immaculate attention to detail
- A deep understanding of crafting written, story-driven content marketing pieces
- Strong emphasis on editing skills across various writing styles to ensure overall brand messaging remains top of mind
- Basic to intermediate social media knowledge
- Basic to intermediate SEO knowledge
- Basic to intermediate email marketing automation knowledge
- Basic to intermediate graphic design skills
- Journalism background (Especially in Amazon FBA, DTC e-commerce or SaaS related)
You should make around $200/day according to estimates for this job at Glassdoor.
Other than that, the benefits should be about the same.
4. Customer Experience Specialist at Calm
Calm is a software company that produces meditation products.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure each user’s support experience is of the highest possible quality through providing personalized, efficient, and empathetic replies
- Confidently answer escalated customer inquiries or route them to the agent best equipped to respond
- Be an expert of Calm's operating platforms, features, and available documentation
- Identify patterns in bug reports and feature requests and escalate appropriately
- Own the tickets and tasks assigned to you, and thoughtfully prioritize them based on the evolving needs of the team
- Write internal and external knowledge base articles as well as canned responses to common inquiries both proactively and as assigned
- Assist with support agent on-boarding, training, and quality assurance
- Suggest guidelines and offer new best practice ideas for the support team
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a solutions oriented approach
- Is able to turn a negative into a positive through effort and consideration
- Works autonomously and takes responsibility for completing assigned work
- Volunteers for tasks rather than waiting for them to be assigned
- Cares about not just making sure the work is done, but that it’s done well; always seeking ways to do things better through asking for advice and feedback
- Willing to work on-call one weekend per month in order to assist our weekend agents and to respond to production issues
- Experience supporting a subscription-based service with in-app purchases
- 1-year working with Zendesk or a similar ticketing platform
- Other helpful tech: JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Stripe, Braintree and basic SQL queries a plus
- According to Glassdoor estimates, Data Entry Professionals typically make an average of $81k-$88k/year.
- You can check out their benefits here.
5. Client Account Executive at Contra ($80-$100/Year)
Contra is a professional community for the independent digital workforce. Digital professionals use Contra to create stunning visual profiles, earn money commission-free, and build high-quality professional communities and referral networks.
What you'll do:
- Build meaningful relationships with clients through timely and engaging communication with the goal to determine the clients needs, build value and establish a successful relationship with Contra
- Proactively anticipate and address escalating client issues with speed and urgency
- Develop creative outreach strategies to increase client engagement, retention, drive growth, reduce churn
- Coordinate and participate in user interviews with clients to gain a deep understanding of their business and help them to derive maximum value from Contra
- Partner with clients to understand their hiring needs and ensure they are finding amazing talent to work with through Contra
- Deliver accurate projections through strong pipeline management and forecasting
- Extremely analytical; you leverage data in all of your decision making
- Consistently strive to exceed the quarterly goals that have been set and be compensated competitively with a commission structure
- High energy, self-starting personality that works well in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Mission driven. Our mission truly resonates with you and you would like to be a part of what we are building together at Contra!
- A dedicated team player. You thrive in a collaborative, remote-only environment and you are comfortable with 8am-12 pm PST core hours and flexibility around those hours for the rest of your work day.!
- Passionate about learning. Share a genuine curiosity for learning, alway eager to pick up new skills. We don’t expect everyone to know everything but you learn quickly!
- Goal oriented. Understand what you need to do in order to achieve your goals without needing all of the bells and whistles.
- Committed to trying. Have the resilience and willingness to try and try again even if you fail after a few attempts!
- Ambitious attitude. You bring a strong work ethic and contagious energy to your team as we work towards our North Star.
- Path Paver. Joining a startup you enjoy taking ownership, building out processes and documentation that might not exist to share with your team members.
- Remote-only culture that is here to stay
- 100% health coverage for US full-time employees, and health reimbursements for all international contractors
- 401k matching for US full-time employees
- $4,000 laptop reimbursement upon starting + additional equipment, co-working, education, and meetups
- No-meeting Wednesdays
- Half days every third Friday of the month to enjoy a long weekend, reduce screen fatigue, and decompress
- Generous time off — 2 week-long company-wide shutdowns per year subject to hitting business goals. The purpose is so we can all collectively relax together, in addition to paid time off and flex days.
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual team-wide off-site (our most recent was in June 2022!)
- A custom slack emoji, just for you!
Also, check out: