This might honestly be one of the most appealing work-from-home jobs I've ever seen.
If you want a job that has a combination of high pay, benefits, and great employee ratings, you're gonna love this.
Check out the Technical Support Specialist job at Help Scout:
Check out the details below:
What You'll Do:
- Spend much of your day helping potential and current customers via email.
- You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout.
- Specialists help a minimum of about 250 customers a month.
- $71,000-$90,000 USD per year for this role, depending on your prior experience.
- Health and dental insurance is 100% covered for you and your family.
- They cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- 3-4 weeks of vacation per year in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off.
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- Up to $1,800 per year as a personal development stipend to improve your craft.
- A Mac laptop or equivalent of your choice, and a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. They also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- They also offer complete transparency about they company. Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
- See this page for more on benefits
- Looking for someone within time zones in the Americas (from GMT-10 to GMT-3).
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
They don't seem to have specific qualifications that they prefer but don't require.
They seem to provide you with most of what you need for your home office. Other than that, they don't mention details about internet speed or other technical requirements.
Also, check out: