If you want a work-from-home job at a great company as a virtual assistant, here's a great job:
It's the Executive Assistant job at Help Scout.
Help Scout is a provider of help desk software.
More info on the Executive Assistant position at Help Scout:
What you'll do:
- Leader support: You’ll be our CFO’s go-to person, assisting her with everything from calendar to project management. For example, you will facilitate OKR planning across the entire CFO Group, including the Compliance & Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Revenue Operations teams. You’ll also act as a proxy for communications, answering general questions, referring routine matters to appropriate parties, and following up to ensure proper resolution.
- Team support:You’ll make sure the Finance team stays on top of departmental daily activities as well as annual audits. You’ll support financial processes, expense reporting, and vendor relations.
- Time and calendar management:You’ll be the primary contact for scheduling, actively managing calendars in such a manner that the CFO can complete her obligations in an organized and efficient way.
- Project coordination: You’ll be involved in end-to-end project management for org-wide projects and initiatives, including inception, planning, documentation, tracking and communication
- Cross-functional collaboration: You’ll collaborate with other Executive Assistants and teams to expand organizational communication and efficiently plan and execute milestones and events across teams.
- You have multiple years of experience supporting C-Suite executives in finance and legal. You’re comfortable working with everyone from the highest level stakeholders to individual contributors.
- You are financially fluent. You understand what our CFO, Controller, and Accountants do and are responsible for. You appreciate the importance and value of data and numbers in running a business.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator. You can translate technical financial concepts into language that’s easily understood by all.
- You treat privileged information with care. You can be trusted with sensitive finance and compensation data, and use that trust to build relationships with the CFO and other key stakeholders.
- You are a creative problem-solver. When something goes off the rails, you jump in with ideas and a strong will to make things happen.
- You are a self-starter. You can ideate and bring to completion tasks, with minimal feedback, in an ambiguous environment on short notice.
- You are an all-star collaborator. You think three steps ahead and anticipate people's needs and enjoy helping others and making their priorities your own.
- You live in the Eastern Standard timezone.
- Salary: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $98,000-$114,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
- Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
- Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
- Sabbatical – After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- 401k with 1% match– via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
- Personal Development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Bonuses – everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
- Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Also, check out: