Many people seem to love Amazon and the idea of making money from them but don't realize how many opportunities they actually give us.
I'm going to change that with this list of the top Amazon websites for you to make money part-time, full-time or as a business owner.
With Amazon Merch, you can get paid to sell all sorts of t-shirts and accessories without upfront costs.
You come up with designs to be put on products and when someone wants to buy a t-shirt, coffee mug, etc. with that graphic on it, Amazon will create, pack and ship it for you for a percentage of the sale.
This way, you only pay Amazon when you get a sale, reducing your risk.
From your merch, you would get royalties that can range from around $1.93 for each $15.99 sale or up to $9.32 for $25.99 sales.
With Amazon Influencers, you can get paid up to 20% commissions from products you recommend to your audience.
If approved, you get to create your own personalized Amazon page that lets you promote your favorite Amazon products and get paid.
You will need a good number of followers and engagement with either a YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok profile.
At Amazon Handmade, you can earn money selling your art and other handcrafted goods.
It's kind of like Amazon's version ot Etsy.
Normally you have to pay a $39.99 per month fee to sell on Amazon, but if you get approved for Amazon Handmade, you can get that fee waved.
They will just take a 15% cut of each of your sales instead.
With the Sell on Amazon site, you can create an account and sell real products on one, if not THE biggest, retail sites in the world.
You will have to figure out what you are going to sell, how to create it, and marketing it, but Amazon can take care of the packing, storage, shipping, and customer support for you.
You will have to pay $39.99/month plus selling fees to do this.
At Amazon Professional Services, you can get paid to install, put together, and set things up for customers in your local area.
For instance, if people buy home theater equipment from Amazon, you could get paid through this site to configure everything in the room and get it all working.
As of me writing this, they aren't currently hiring for these gigs, but they say it is temporary.
As far as how much you can earn, according to people on Glassdoor, the rate can be around $48/hour.
6. Amazon Jobs
If you just want a regular, full-time, in-office or remote job at Amazon, check the Amazon.jobs website.
This is where they have their typical job listings if you want to work for Amazon as an employee.
They offer decent benefits and also have a minimum wage of around $15/hour.
Many people don't realize that Amazon actually owns Twitch, which is one of the biggest live streaming platforms in the world.
They even have special perks for Amazon Prime members like free games and special loot.
As far as how Twitch pays you, there are 4 main categories:
- Subscriptions – Viewers pay either $4.99, $9.99, or $24.99 per month and you get about 50% of that. Some top streamers get a higher percentage.
- Donations – Viewers donate how much they want to you and usually have their comment highlighted in the chat
- Ads – $250 per 100 subscribers per month, according to CNBC. Or, if you go by views, it may average more like $0.25-$1.50 per 1,000 views
- Sponsorships – $0.01 – $1 per viewer per hour.
- Affiliate commissions – 5% commissions on games bought
One great way to make money as a Microtasker is with Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- What is it: Amazon Mechanical Turk, or MTurk, is a crowdsourcing platform that connects businesses and individuals (known as Requesters) with a global workforce (Workers) to perform tasks that are difficult for computers but relatively easy for humans.
- How to Earn Money: Workers can browse available tasks or “Human Intelligence Tasks” (HITs) and choose the ones they want to complete. These tasks can include data entry, content moderation, image tagging, surveys, and more.
- Payment: The payment for each HIT varies widely, from a few cents to several dollars, depending on the complexity and time required. Earnings accumulate in your MTurk account and can be transferred to your Amazon Payments account or redeemed as Amazon gift cards.
If you feel like you have a good speaking voice, you can get paid to narrate books with Amazon's ACX.
According to Glassdoor, people have made as much as $49/hour with this gig!
ACX is a platform by Amazon that connects audiobook producers (narrators and producers) with authors and publishers to create and distribute audiobooks.
There are two primary ways to earn money on ACX:
Royalties: Authors and publishers can choose to share royalties with narrators and producers. You earn a portion of the royalties for each sale of the audiobook.
Per Finished Hour (PFH): Some projects offer a flat rate per finished hour of the audiobook. The PFH rate varies depending on the project's budget and complexity.
You can also have a combination of the two with less upfront pay.
Payments are made through ACX, and you can choose to receive royalties via direct deposit or check.
If you want to go more of the entrepreneurial route, you can make good money as an affiliate marketer with Amazon Associates.
As an affiliate, you would get paid commissions to market Amazon products on social media, YouTube, a blog, or just about anywhere else.
Amazon Associates is an affiliate marketing program that allows individuals to earn commissions by promoting and selling Amazon products through personalized affiliate links.
How to Earn Money:
- Sign up for the Amazon Associates program.
- Create affiliate links for Amazon products you want to promote.
- Share these links on your website, blog, social media, or other platforms.
- Earn commissions when people make purchases through your affiliate links.
Commissions are typically paid via direct deposit or Amazon gift cards, depending on your location and the payment options available.
11. Amazon Flex
If you don't mind getting out of the house, you can get paid up to $25/hour with Amazon Flex to deliver packages to people's doorsteps.
Amazon Flex is a program that allows individuals to work as independent contractors delivering Amazon packages using their own vehicles.
How to Earn Money:
- Sign up for Amazon Flex and select delivery blocks in your area.
- Pick up packages from Amazon delivery stations.
- Deliver packages to customers' addresses within your assigned time block.
- Earn a predetermined rate per delivery block, plus tips from customers.
Payments are made weekly, and you can receive your earnings via direct deposit.
With Amazon KDP, you can earn up to 70% royalties on all your book sales through Amazon without needing a publisher to help you.
KDP enables users to publish both eBooks and paperbacks. The eBooks are sold through the Kindle Store, accessible on Kindle devices and apps, while paperbacks are printed on demand.
How to Earn Money:
- Choose your niche
- Create a book
- Design a cover
- Publish on KDP
- Start earning royalties
Authors earn money through royalties from each sale. The amount depends on factors like the book's price, the country it's sold in, and whether it's an eBook or paperback.
Amazon has a separate job section for people who want to find easy jobs with no experience required.
Here, you can find jobs where you can have a lot more flexibility to choose what shifts you work.
You can also, from what I can tell, get hired much faster and easier without a typical interview process.
Pay seems to be up to around $20/hour and they mostly involve working in fulfillment centers, warehouses, etc.
What's nice is you can get benefits and training to work your way up from these jobs as well!