Kevin Systrom, founder of Instagram, once said, “Great products sell themselves.” He dedicates a lot of his success to just creating a product people love. He is now worth $400 million.
Systrom is living proof of why you should put your heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into creating the best products possible for your customers.
You don't have to be the best marketer or salesperson to get thousands of satisfied, loyal customers. If you create a truly remarkable product and tell people about it, word will spread like wildfire.
How To Make A Great Product
Do what Kevin Systrom did and create something different. Create something unique and high-quality.
Try these strategies when creating your own products for your business:
- Make something unique. If it is just like a lot of other things, no one will care enough to buy it.
- Build a product for your customers, instead of finding customers for your product. This way, you know your product will be a hit as soon as it is ready.
- Don't mislead anyone. Be a man or woman of your word. If you promise to unveil a product of a certain quality that will do X,Y and Z, make sure it does. Otherwise, your customer base will crucify you.
- Look at the competition very closely before creating a product. What is already out there? Where is there a need? What can you do to make a better product than the competition?
- Don't think you have to reinvent the wheel. We have about 7 billion people on the planet. Almost every good idea has been thought of before. Build something that is an improvement or the future of an existing creation. For instance, Instagram wasn't the first social media platform. It just built on an existing concept.
- Create something that you or your colleagues might need. This is how Evernote was created. It wasn't necessarily because customers told them they wanted it, but because the founders wanted something like it and it didn't exist yet.
- Don't make your product too complicated. Apple products and Instagram are great examples of products that kept things simple and were massively successful. Being user-friendly is a must.
- Make a product that will improve people's lives. Don't make a product just for the money. The goal should be to help people. The more people you help the more money you will make. “If you want to become a billionaire, help a billion people.” – Peter Diamandis
Related: The Beginning Is The Most Important Part Of The Work
Make a great product. Like Kevin Systrom said, “Great products sell themselves.” If you are great at selling and put out a poor product, bad reviews and complaints will kill your business.
But, if you put out a high quality product, you will build a great reputation, word will spread and you will see quite a nice payoff come your way. All you have to do is help people and give them something good.
Ask yourself, would you buy what you're selling? If not, rethink what you're doing.
FREE VIDEO COURSE:
"How To Make $10,000 Per Month Online"
We'll go over exactly how you can copy our simple, online business model that has made $10,000+ per month for countless people.
Leave a Reply