Customer Service at Discover
What you'll do:
- Working from home, you will need a quiet workspace so you can focus on our customers. You’ll also need a minimum of 5 MBPS up/download speed from your internet provider.
- You’ll spend the majority of your shift talking with our customers, listening to their concerns, and providing the best solutions. You’ll be a master problem solver! You might interact with customers on the phone, in a chat session, or responding to emails.
- We’ll provide you with procedures and tools to handle our customer’s needs and strengthen their relationship with Discover.
- We’ll provide you with all the equipment you need! Monitors, computer, keyboard, mouse, headset, and an amazing new hire training experience. You’ll also have the best coaches to help you deliver the best service!
- Be reliable! We need you here to take care of our customers. Be committed to working your schedule.
- Enjoy helping others. You will be busy, taking call after call, assisting our customers.
- We are always looking for ways to make things better for our employees and customers- that means you will experience change, sometimes at a fast pace.
- Positive energy, strong communication, ability to focus on the issue and not take things personally. Let your personality shine.
- We want you to succeed! That means you will receive coaching and feedback. Be open and willing to try new things.
Bonus Points if you have:
1+ years of experience in related field
- Sign-on Bonus: up to $2K*
- And… After you join the team, Discover will provide eligible employees with a one-time allowance of $250 to cover the costs of setting up a home office and a monthly internet reimbursement of $60.
*Bonus is paid in the following increments within 30 days of the following milestones:
- $500 following 60 days employed
- $500 following 120 days employed
- $1000 following 365 days employed
To receive the bonus, you must be employed with Discover at the time of payment.
Starting wage of $17.00 per hour with shift differential opportunities to earn up to $23.76 per hour.
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Education Assistance: fully paid Bachelors and tuition assistance & reimbursement options
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOW Points while you shop)
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- If you do choose to work onsite, we have a full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized mindful options, as well as access to our Fitness Center. We also have onsite Health Clinics.
Also, check out: