Content Manager, Social Media at Product Hunt
Product Hunt is a website for sharing and discovering new tech products.
- Develop and own the strategy for Twitter, LinkedIn, and other channels with a focus on community building and real-time engagement.
- Think through our strategy for visual channels like TikTok, Instagram and YouTube.
- Maintain Product Hunt's voice and tone across social channels.
- Own the roadmap for regular content execution, both creating and posting content directly yourself and working with the team to collaboratively produce content and digital events (Twitter Space Panels, Town Halls, etc.)
- Seek and partner with makers and creators within and outside of the Product Hunt community to create and share content.
- Keep your pulse on the heartbeat of tech, responding to breaking tech news and identifying / communicating trends and opportunities to the team.
- Monitor Product Hunt’s brand awareness and share of voice among markets in social, reporting regularly to leadership.
- We’re more interested in your experience, proven results, and passion for tech and community than your previous career titles.
- You might be…
- A social media manager with 3+ years of experience who has scientifically mastered the art of the tweet
- A creator or blogger who has grown a following for your interesting takes and thoughtful commentary
- A journalist who has covered tech startups or tech verticals for years and wants in on helping makers with great ideas flourish
- A serial founder with a head full of wisdom, a keen understanding of relationship-building, and a way with words
- You’re the kind of person who…
- Is deeply curious and geeks out over tech and product trends. You’re at the forefront of industry news daily.
- Is quick with words. You pride yourself on your ability to create clever copy and think creatively. Typos make you cringe. Reparte is your bread and butter.
- Knows how to execute. You know your way around Twitter and Facebook (other community-driven sites like Reddit are a plus) with your eyes closed.
- Likes to experiment but is strategic, too. You hold strong opinions loosely — you know what makes a perfect thread but aren’t afraid to try something new.
- But kind and thoughtful. You genuinely want to see great ideas succeed.
BENEFITS / PERKS
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Salary: $45,000-$85,000 depending on experience and location
- Wellness stipend – Your health is important to us, too.
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US.
- Company-paid laptop, WFH set up, and a monthly internet stipend
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it.
- Wellness Mondays. First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Professional development stipend Grow, learn, and become even better at what you do.
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)
Also, check out: