Do you ever feel like no one understands you because you have chosen a different path from the majority? Welcome to the world of an entrepreneur. We just aren’t like everyone else.
And it isn’t a bad thing at all. In fact, without entrepreneurs, this world wouldn’t exist the way it is today. We would still be cavemen hunting for food and living in huts if it weren’t for entrepreneurs.
Yet, most people don’t see it that way. You see, there are two kinds of people in this world: leaders and followers. Entrepreneurs have to be leaders to make it. But, they need followers to build the business.
The thing about being an entrepreneur is you can’t let others (followers) drag you down or tell you you’re crazy. Because there will be plenty of people who try to do so along the way.
In fact, Amazon founder and billionaire, Jeff Bezos, said, “Entrepreneurs must be willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time.”
What To Do If You’re A Misunderstood Entrepreneur
If you feel like you’re taking a toll mentally trying to pursue your dream to become a successful business owner, here are few things others have had to do when they were on a similar path:
- Don’t worry about things you can’t control. You can’t control what people say, what the economy does, what your competition does, etc. Don’t worry about it. You have enough to deal with.
- Surround yourself with others like you. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Find positive, hard-working friends and cut ties with negative, lazy ones.
- Get a mentor. If possible, find someone who will take some time to give you advice and push you to new levels. Learn from people who have been in your shoes and accomplished great things.
- Realize that life is short. Many people end up going through life without trying to pursue their dreams only to become average or unhappy. You don’t have much time, go for it all or risk wondering what could have been your whole life.
- Embrace being different. Why would you want to be like everyone else? Why not be in the top 1%? Most people don’t think long term and are too close-minded to see the possibilities of what you could accomplish. Don’t be just another person in the crowd.
- Impact the world. We need employees at every level. We need the janitors, plumbers, cashiers, realtors, managers, CEOs, etc. to keep things going. But, entrepreneurs are the ones that start everything and make the biggest impact on the world. Embrace making the world a better place and leaving your mark on history.
- Look at the lifestyle difference. When people tell you you aren’t good enough or don’t understand you, look at how they live. Then, look at how successful entrepreneurs live. Which lifestyle would you rather have?
- Consider the source. If others tell you how to run your business, look at their business track record. If they tell you how to be successful, ask if they are. Don’t listen to people who can’t bring value to your life in that area.
Being an entrepreneur is not easy. You have to work harder than anyone else, especially the first few years. You have to be mentally tough and endure criticism and negativity from others.
When Jeff Bezos said, “Entrepreneurs must be willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time,” he was right. I’ve been through it. He’s been through it.
Mark Cuban, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson and the other successful entrepreneurs of the world have been through it. You have to just stay strong and keep going.
But, us entrepreneurs need to stick together. We have to embrace who we are. Otherwise, how will the world keep improving? How will our lives be if we settle for less?
What have YOU had to go through as an entrepreneur pursuing your dream?
FREE VIDEO COURSE:
"How To Make $10,000 Per Month Online"
We'll go over exactly how you can copy our simple, online business model that has made $10,000+ per month for countless people.